Gransnet forums

Chat

It's like being back at the beginning again

(15 Posts)
Nonnie1 Sun 29-May-16 18:09:37

I had my grandson to stay over last night. We got up this morning, had breakfast and then we larked about in the sunshine for a while before I had to take him home this morning as he was going out with his mum.

When I came home, I messed about in the house for a while, and then cleaned the kitchen and sat outside in the sun. I put some music on and my partner joined me.

I only had one glass of prosecco smile

We talked and I danced about on the patio to the music. I ran about the garden with one of my dogs and then my partner and I sat and talked and laughed, until he'd had enough of my shenanigans and went back in.

I wandered back inside and made some food - not because I had to, because I felt like it.

Point is - we did what we might have done before children, before life got in the way, as if we were just beginning all over again.

I won't forget this day ever x it's been magic.

Grannyknot Sun 29-May-16 18:18:41

smile

Jane10 Sun 29-May-16 18:19:03

Sounds lovely! Roll on the next one sunshine

Lisalou Sun 29-May-16 18:35:21

Sounds like a perfect day...I hope you share many more.

rosesarered Sun 29-May-16 20:06:45

Nonnie smile had a very similar day myself, ending with a meal outside and a large glass of red wine. Didn't dance at all ( and we don't have a dog) but otherwise a wonderful day..... They do happen sometimes!

morethan2 Sun 29-May-16 20:15:29

I live in hope envy

merlotgran Sun 29-May-16 20:20:33

Sounds like the best sort of day,*Nonnie*.

jogginggirl Sun 29-May-16 20:44:17

Fabulous nonnie and roses - I had a lovely day too. I woke up this morning to an invitation on my bedside table inviting me to a 'chill & grill' bbq this afternoon in our garden - prepared by DH - he is simply the best ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

rubylady Sun 29-May-16 22:38:10

Beautiful, you all give me hope. smile

seasider Sun 29-May-16 23:53:55

Oh Joggin he sounds lovely. Wish my DP was so spontaneous!envy

Willow500 Mon 30-May-16 06:31:28

What a lovely day that sounds - probably pre children, pre technology and pre bored with life - in fact come to think of it I've never danced in the garden sad

petra Mon 30-May-16 08:26:33

Can't dance in the garden anymore as the neighbours are too close. But we do pour the G&T and put on YouTube and dance to all the stuff we like.

GandTea Mon 30-May-16 09:15:41

Bugger the neighbours, have a second G&T and boogie in the garden, if the complain, invite them in to dance with you.

ninathenana Mon 30-May-16 10:34:53

The last time I danced in the garden was D's hen night 10 yrs ago. She had an Ann Summers party and afterwards we had the CD player going. There was a lot of wine gringrin
*%&£ the neighbours for one day/night

Grandma2213 Tue 31-May-16 02:41:50

Reading through these posts how simple it is to have a lovely time. I went to middle DS and partner for a barbecue. My other two DSs were there (with one other partner). I stayed over and so was able to indulge in copious wine, discussion (serious and silly!) and stargazing on a beautiful clear night I slept (eventually) better than I have done for months and spent most of the day sitting out in the sun after a brunch of croissants smoked ham, cheese, fresh orange juice and strawberries. I didn't want the day to end!
By the way I once danced in my garden naked, in the rain. I might do that again now I've remembered it!!! wink