Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Tuesday

(14 Posts)
12Michael Tue 31-May-16 06:38:36

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dry but cloudy with the wind coming from the NE, here in Brackley , find out my diabetes and cholesterol results later.
Mick

cornergran Tue 31-May-16 07:10:17

Morning Mick, Morning All. Lovely sunny start in our corner of Somerset. Been awake since 3.30 am so watched the dawn and listened to the birds wake up. Peaceful, but would rather have been asleep! Hope Tuesday is kind to you.

Nelliemoser Tue 31-May-16 07:28:52

Good morning all. It is bright and sunny here but very breezy. Accuweather says it is cloudy so not very accurate at the moment.

tanith Tue 31-May-16 07:35:09

Cloudy and very windy here morning all need a quiet day I think I overdid it yesterday. Have a good one

kittylester Tue 31-May-16 07:42:01

Good morning all!

It's dull and quite windy in North Leicestershire. Last night was freezing (not literally!) and we lit the fire in the lounge which got lovely and warm. Going out to go to bed was quite invigorating! Lots of admin for me today.

Hope your readings are good, Mick!

PRINTMISS Tue 31-May-16 07:53:11

Good morning to you all, and good luck with the readings Mick. We have an overcast morning here, and decidedly chilly, hope the weather realises it is the 1st June tomorrow, and we should be having some really nice weather by now. We are promised rain for later on, I hope so, as I did not water the garden yesterday, felt too tired to bother for some reason. Anyway, bright and breezy me now (at the moment!), so I hope you all enjoy your days.

Greyduster Tue 31-May-16 08:03:13

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. Cold grey and very windy here in South Yorkshire. We have The Boy today and we were going to take him canoeing, but it's far too windy to be out in the middle of a lake, so we'll have to think of something else. Hope you're results are ok, Mick. Have a good day everyone.

NfkDumpling Tue 31-May-16 08:40:17

Morning All

Norfolk is definitely NOT the place to be this morning. Gale force gusts coming through from the north with torrential rain sheeting across. Even the odd roll of thunder!

I'm off to Blickling today for my volunteering stint. I suspect it'll be busy with all the poor folk with children sheltering - it's certinaly not a beach day!

Please can proper hot summer come soon!

hildajenniJ Tue 31-May-16 08:45:09

Good morning all.
The sun is trying to break through the clouds in the Tyne Valley this morning and it's rather breezy. OH is coming home from his visit to the grandchildren early this afternoon. I had a terrible night's sleep so am resting today.
Hope test results are okay mick.
Have a great day everyone.

ninathenana Tue 31-May-16 08:59:12

Morning all
Well I think we skipped Summer and went straight to Autumn in N Kent.
Raining and very windy with pots blown around the garden. A trip to Tesco then batten down the hatches me thinks.

Auntieflo Tue 31-May-16 09:30:00

Good morning all. We are home, and it is cold shock. and I have lost my reading specs. Must have left them in the hotel, so it's off to town to get replacements.

Newquay Tue 31-May-16 10:00:31

Morning from a sunny Staffordshire although the the wind is cool.
We were woken at 3.30am by DD who is on holiday in their caravan in Wales to say they'd had a call to say their eldest DD (our eldest DGD) was being taken to local hospital by ambulance having had her drink spiked while out celebrating (i.e. Getting drunk) with fellow students to celebrate end of year exams finishing.
So. . . . We drove 1/2 hour to said hospital to find her there, rambling, incoherent, having had fits in ambulance and wild hallucinations. Pupils dilated, heart racing.
By the time we saw doc she was much better-just drunk!
She insisted on going back to Halls so we left her there promising she would drink plenty (of water!) and keep in touch having made her speak to her parents.
She varied wildly from thanking us for coming and she loved us to telling me (on only one occasion!) to f**k off!
Phew it's going to be a rocky roadsad

grannylyn65 Tue 31-May-16 10:15:54

Sunny and warmish Perthshire

loopylou Wed 01-Jun-16 10:22:43

Good morning from soggy, chilly and decidedly in-Junelike Wiltshire.
I'm sitting in the car dealers while my car is serviced, it's lovely and warm, endless supply of coffee and very peaceful ?