Gransnet forums

Chat

David Dimbleby

(47 Posts)
PRINTMISS Mon 20-Jun-16 11:28:21

I know we are trying to start more cheerful threads, but this man rally irritates me! He is supposed to be chairing discussions, and keeps on interrupting! I no longer watch Question Time because of his insistence about joining in, when he should just be controlling what is going on, and last night with David Cameron, was the last straw. For goodness sake man, shut up!

whitewave Mon 20-Jun-16 11:30:29

No he was just the same with Gove. He is in the position as chair to question what they are saying and bring evidence to the debate. He must carry on questioning the participants.

jinglbellsfrocks Mon 20-Jun-16 11:31:50

Is this going on now? confused

jinglbellsfrocks Mon 20-Jun-16 11:32:20

Am I supposed to be watching the telly?

whitewave Mon 20-Jun-16 11:33:21

grin

BBbevan Mon 20-Jun-16 11:34:16

He is very full of his own self importance

POGS Mon 20-Jun-16 11:42:58

He is so annoying on Question Time these days.

Yes, he should ask questions of the panel but he interrupts too much. Unless of course it's a panelist like Eddie Izzard when he should have interrupted and didn't.!

Anniebach Mon 20-Jun-16 11:49:09

Either interrupt all or none

whitewave Mon 20-Jun-16 12:00:04

pogs there speaks an unbiased comment grin

Greyduster Mon 20-Jun-16 12:18:24

I have stopped watching Question Time for that very reason. I want to listen to the panellists, not, as is increasingly the case, him. I listen to Any Questions occasionally and his brother is far less annoying.

merlotgran Mon 20-Jun-16 12:24:41

We're always yelling, 'Shut up, Dimbleby' at the telly.

Years ago when the odious former leader of the BNP, Nick Griffin, appeared on QT, David Dimbleby interrupted with so many sarcy comments, he made Griffin look like a polite and informed panellist. angry

PRINTMISS Mon 20-Jun-16 12:26:41

Of course he should question, but not to the extent that he takes over the debate, which is what sometimes appears to happen.

rosesarered Mon 20-Jun-16 16:11:36

I agree with others on this,and high time that he retired from hosting tv shows.He seems afraid of shutting some people up, and with others constantly interrupts.

Marmark1 Tue 21-Jun-16 09:01:52

I like him,not that I watch question time,far too biased a program,

Alima Tue 21-Jun-16 09:41:25

He is a bit much isn't he. Anyone remember his Dad Richard and the April fool about spaghetti trees?

maddy47 Tue 21-Jun-16 09:50:32

The one who annoys me most is John Humphreys on the Today programme. Interrupting all the time, and that little smug laugh!!! Hate it. If anyone should retire......

Anniebach Tue 21-Jun-16 09:57:54

I love John Humphries, if he didn't interrupt we would have party political broadcasts every morning.

grove1234 Tue 21-Jun-16 10:02:55

Can.t stand him turn him off .much to full of him self.

Bellanonna Tue 21-Jun-16 10:11:59

Alima, I do. I fell for it too. Well I was quite young. And am I the only one who likes David! Oh, so be it then.

Jaycee5 Tue 21-Jun-16 10:15:51

I have given up on BBC's political coverage and have found QT unwatchable for a while.

ITV seems to be more impartial and Peston is much better than the Daily Politics as it doesn't try to make it gladiatorial and allows people the time to give proper answers. Channel 4 News also does the kind of investigative work that the BBC used to do before it sacked all it's journalists to pay Jonathan Ross's massive salaries some years ago.

misunderstood Tue 21-Jun-16 10:33:28

A Bias Bigot, can't stand the bloke.

Maggieanne Tue 21-Jun-16 10:41:00

I can't watch or listen to either Dimbleby. Jonathan, on radio is downright rude and if he doesn't agree with someone or their politics he just cuts them off. David Dimbleby is just the same, rude to those whose opinions he dislikes and constantly interrupts. The really annoying thing is that he will keep telling people to hurry up, or answer the question, whereas if he kept quiet they would be able to finish, Humphries too, full of their own importance and simply biased. Blooming sarcastic to those they won't allow to speak too.

Jalima Tue 21-Jun-16 10:46:57

A good chairman knows just when to interrupt and move the debate on, but he seems to have lost that ability (if he ever had it).

vonnie73 Tue 21-Jun-16 10:53:32

It's about time David Dimbleby was pensioned off! Have you noticed that he sits on a higher chair than the rest of the panel on QT?
You don't see any women his age in prominent presenting jobs!
John Humphreys the same!
Pompous or what!

tigger Tue 21-Jun-16 11:12:06

He's been doing it for years, supposed to be chairing the panel. I wonder why the BBC haven't done anything about him.