Gransnet forums

Chat

Wordament on ipad - any other suggestions?

(15 Posts)
Kateykrunch Mon 27-Jun-16 21:09:11

I love Wordament and could be classed as a little addicted to it, I wonder if any of you could recommend any others. I like Suduko but prefer to play that offline.

hildajenniJ Mon 27-Jun-16 21:58:24

I have Classic Words Free. It's a scrabble game. I just p!ay against the computer, trying to beat my highest score. It's available in the app store.

Alea Mon 27-Jun-16 22:32:45

Oh dear, I'm afraid I play the hiley interlektchewel Cookie Crunch blush

NonnaW Tue 28-Jun-16 10:12:13

Candy crush for me I'm afraid

BBbevan Tue 28-Jun-16 11:00:44

Spider for me

GlammyMB123 Tue 28-Jun-16 11:14:31

I enjoy the brain training apps, there are a couple of good ones available, always read the reviews tho.

GlammyMB123 Tue 28-Jun-16 11:16:17

Ps mind you, Angry Gran is great fun and eye boggling at times (is that even a word!?)

Emma49 Tue 28-Jun-16 11:17:41

Words with friends is my favourite .

Nandalot Tue 28-Jun-16 11:20:32

Spider Solitaire, four suited of course. Also have just discovered Bridgebase Online do a four deal link where you play against robots and you are then ranked. They do not play quite the same system as me so if I do badly I just blame them! Win, win. It's free by the way.

Kateykrunch Tue 28-Jun-16 11:32:18

Is Angry Gran really a game Glammy?
Nadalot, I dont even understand what you said, so that game is probably a bit too high brow for me!

Will look at Spider.

Indinana Tue 28-Jun-16 11:55:01

I'm addicted to 'Little Things'. Not a word game, not like any other game I've come across either. Imagine a picture made up of hundreds of tiny pictures of objects - tennis balls, books, cups, paperclips, party hats, sausages, lemons... and so on and so on. In each round you are presented with either a list of items to find, or you have to find, say, 12 cassette tapes. Every time you complete a round (well most times...), you win a piece of a jigsaw. When you've won all of the pieces you get to do the jigsaw, then onto the next stage. The stages get harder, the jigsaws get harder. I can't tell you how many times I've completed the whole process. I just start all over again. It is really compulsive!

Ginny42 Tue 28-Jun-16 12:25:50

Word garden game. You have to create words to clear the garden for flowers to grow. Quite a strange concept, but I'm addicted. The scores some people reach are mind-boggling. My average score is c. 130,000 my highest is 190,037. Try it, but you have to move fast and do read the tips.

Greyduster Tue 28-Jun-16 12:45:09

I am currently locked into Words with Friends with d-i-l. I have given her a pasting once or twice, but she is a strategic thinker! I can't get past the fact that the game accepts such peculiar 'non words', but it's great fun. I like Codewords and Pixelogic to while away the odd few minutes.

Jenty61 Tue 28-Jun-16 13:39:12

the majority of word games are american which is annoying as they wont accept enlish words ie colour/color ...

Jenty61 Tue 28-Jun-16 13:39:34

oops english...