Gransnet forums

Chat

Soop's Kindly Kitcheners

(1000 Posts)
soop Fri 08-Jul-16 14:29:40

Here we are again...you know the words. Welcome and enjoy each others company. [cake] wine flowers sunshine...
Away to watch more tennis grin

soop Fri 08-Jul-16 14:31:55

oops! that should have been a celebration cupcake I got carried away, as I guess that the match is reaching an exciting point.
Back later.

GandTea Fri 08-Jul-16 14:39:33

Wow, another new kitchen, WHAT no cakes yet ? sad

Nelliemoser Fri 08-Jul-16 14:39:35

Thanks Soop. It's nice to be the first guest to arrive. I am waiting for my DGS's to arrive later on, they are stopping over night on their way to the seaside in Wales.

Nelliemoser Fri 08-Jul-16 14:41:18

GandT Has beaten me by two seconds!

cornergran Fri 08-Jul-16 14:47:40

Goodness, the kitchen must keep removal firms very busy smile ann loved the handbag, I personally believe you can never have too many, as my handbag drawer attests. minim and mumsy I haven't been in the kitchen very long but love it here, always a kind place to be, with usually lots of cake so you will be welcome and I hope enjoy being here. Sorry I don't have any cake today, may do better tomorrow. n&g love the sound of your sleepover and the shopping tomorrow, its always good to let the grandpas have a rest - but not for long! We were able to gowith our littlest for his first beach trip this week, he loved it and so did we. Simple pleasures. I wish I could get into tennis, afraid its not for me, I can't sit still long enough. Hope all the tennis fans have a good afternoon, I'm off to the supermarket, which with luck will be empty grin.

Charleygirl Fri 08-Jul-16 15:25:27

cornergran you have no idea of the amount of money I have saved this week with tennis and football! I did an on line shop for food earlier this week so that I did not die of starvation.

DaphneBroon Fri 08-Jul-16 15:39:36

Oh there you all are!!

I looked in the garden
I looked in the hall
I looked in the khazi
No one there at all.
I checked in the parlour
I knocked at the door
But you're all in the Kitchen
I should've looked there before!
brewbrewcupcakecupcake.

Charleygirl Fri 08-Jul-16 15:41:35

All that you had to do was to follow Grace's cake crumbs!

DaphneBroon Fri 08-Jul-16 16:04:09

Does a hoover dog leave crumbs??
Do pigs fly?
grin ?

Charleygirl Fri 08-Jul-16 16:52:37

Oops, sorry, Grace is not Tara!She hoovers only if it suits her and something she adores such as cream.

soop Fri 08-Jul-16 16:54:16

You lot are the best. Great fun and much more besides.

Charleyg What a match! Phew, I'm almost hoarse AND we now have Andy to follow. I've loved Wimbledon. Not over yet.

G&T Pop out and buy a few cream buns. I could woof one down and not count the calories.

Nelliem I get over excited when waiting to see my
grandchildren. It's a lovely feeling. Have yourselves a happy evening.

cornergran I do believe that the supermarket will not be too busy. Campbeltown's Tesco was heaving this morning. Thank you for your kind words.

DaphneB Your have a way with words. wink

NanaandGrampy Your grandchildren are well blest.

numberplease Fri 08-Jul-16 16:55:19

Afternoon all! Love the new kitchen, and the view is as lovely as ever I see.
Soop, I hope that today sees you feeling a little (or even a lot) better, hate to think of you feeling poorly and washed out.
Welcome Mumsy, if this was your first port of call, you made a wise decision.
I`m still trying to figure my new washing machine out, hope daughter calls tomorrow, she`ll sort me out!
Annsixty, love the bag, Happy Birthday for Tuesday!

Charleygirl Fri 08-Jul-16 17:01:27

soop I agree, a fabulous match- so good that I cannot watch any more TV at present so Andy will have to cope without me for half an hour or so.

Tizliz Fri 08-Jul-16 17:02:02

I have been switching between tennis and work all afternoon. Typical that I have three shipments to prepare today - take card payments, type invoices and courier paperwork. There is no chance it is all right! Last week I managed to put a wood on an invoice when it should have been acrylic, really confused American customs (not that it takes a lot grin ). Anyway, all done now so I can relax and give Andy my full attention.

Sorry no cakes just haven't had the time, so I will wait until the cream buns arrive.

annodomini Fri 08-Jul-16 17:28:49

I was thinking about the male tennis stars of my youth and how I had a crush on Ken Rosewall when I was 11 or 12; and now I look at a nice young man like Raonic and think, 'His granny must be so proud of him'. wink

By the way, we don't have a tennis ball emoticon this year. What an omission!

soop Fri 08-Jul-16 18:26:23

Thank you for asking, number I have had a good day. Feel very much brighter. And the sun is shining too.
Andy has broken serve. All very exciting.
You are not alone, I am easily flummoxed by new gadgets. I usually ask MacS to figure things out. I've an aversion to complex instructions. Someone shows me how things work...then I remember. Easy peasy...

Charleyg Andy has taken the first two sets. grin

Tizliz Where has G&T gone for our cream buns? I trust that he's not baking them. MrsP won't like a messy kitchen. wink

anno Ken was dishy, I agree. Of all players I've most liked Pete Sampras and Andy Roddick. Now, of course, I'm routing fro Andy. Raonic is beautifully put together. Clean-cut and he has a charming manner.

I'm away to see what's happening on Centre Court. And there are cats to be waited on. hmm

Until tomorrow...enjoy your Friday evening. moon

Charleygirl Fri 08-Jul-16 18:33:13

The tennis is just superb- I do hope that Andy does it in 3 sets as he must conserve energy for Sunday.

What am I going to do next week with no football or tennis. I know, I could paint my garden fences and the shed.

GandTea Fri 08-Jul-16 18:34:40

I wish Murray would hurry up, waiting to go dancing. Will Mrs P's lady be there tonight ?

Tegan Fri 08-Jul-16 18:43:54

I'm wanting to walk down to the beach to see if the Eider ducks are there (but it looks as if the game will be over soon'ish). Last day of my holiday and the weather has finally turned summer'ish, after two weeks of drizzle (grrr).

GandTea Fri 08-Jul-16 18:55:50

Well done Andy, just the sort of lift we needed.

Crafting Fri 08-Jul-16 21:58:12

So much going on recently I haven't been able to get to the kitchen. I finally make it ...and we've moved again. I remember well my first kitchen move.....how long ago it seems now (says she sinking into a comfy armchair with a large relaxing glass of wine). Nice to know we are all still here and welcome to minim and mumsy too. Welcome also to Daphne B although somehow you seem familiar to me... Can't think why grin

GandTea glad you are back to your usual self.

ann60 happy birthday for Tuesday ?

Hope you all have a good weekend. Big box of choccies on the table for you all (I've eaten all the toffee ones. Sorry blush )

DaphneBroon Fri 08-Jul-16 22:07:55

Tomorrow I am driving down to London to collect a VIB (very important baby) and his mummy to spend a week with us. I hope I can give her a bit of a break as SIL is working flat out for his upcoming exhibition (and bottom line is that's what pays the bills. )
Littlest fella is so sweet,and she is determined to continue breastfeeding despite the fact that she is not finding these first weeks easy. So Granny to the rescue - I hope!! If anybody sees a wild haired old biddy pushing a pram round and round a village with a crying baby in it, late at night, you'll know who it is!

Galen Fri 08-Jul-16 22:38:50

Accompanied by a half asleep dog?

Nana3 Fri 08-Jul-16 22:39:40

Ahhh Daphne what a gorgeous smiley little chap. I'm sure he'll be no trouble at all for his adoring (not old biddy) Granny.

This discussion thread has reached a 1000 message limit, and so cannot accept new messages.
Start a new discussion