Gransnet forums

Chat

What would you change about your husband or partner if you could "turn back time"?

(97 Posts)
Daddima Thu 21-Jul-16 22:06:55

Apologies to Cher!

I am happy with the Bodach, but I'd have liked it if he was a wee bit more interested in cooking, and food in general.

He is also visually impaired, in that he suffers from dirt blindness. He sees no reason why the lavatory needs to be cleaned more than once every three days.

tanith Thu 21-Jul-16 22:12:34

I would change his flying phobia so we could explore the World together. sad

ninathenana Fri 22-Jul-16 00:14:30

I wish he'd learnt to drive angry and he does have a couple of annoying little habits

Otherwise he's pretty darn perfectsmile

Greyduster Fri 22-Jul-16 03:50:51

I wish he'd stop telling me I mumble and do something about his hearing; I wish he had a few hobbies - he seems to have lost interest in all the ones he had. He doesn't have a lot of imagination, but he's cheerful, supportive and affectionate, so there's not a lot I would change about him.

vampirequeen Fri 22-Jul-16 06:59:10

Nothing comes to mind.

Indinana Fri 22-Jul-16 07:57:57

Mine doesn't appear to have a tidy gene, but apart from that I wouldn't swap him smile

durhamjen Fri 22-Jul-16 08:06:45

That he was alive.
Sorry if I've spoilt it for you.

TwiceAsNice Fri 22-Jul-16 08:12:17

That he hadn't been abusive and then perhaps we could have stayed married! I envy those of you who have lovely partners

kittylester Fri 22-Jul-16 08:13:05

There have been lots of small things over the past 46 years but I've coped! I'm sure there will be lots more in the years to come (I hope many years) but basically he's fine as he is.

dj flowers

glammanana Fri 22-Jul-16 08:21:04

Giving his point of view before I have finished giving mine has always been a problem,I now stop talking as soon as he opens his mouth and end the conversation,apart from that all good after 40+ yrs.

rosesarered Fri 22-Jul-16 08:27:41

Wish he didn't have to get to every appointment about an hour too soon!

morethan2 Fri 22-Jul-16 08:42:12

I wish he had a bit more of a 'hurry' gene I said to him recently "as far back as you can remember have people been saying hurry up, HURRY UP" it does drive me crazy even after 41 years. I'm sure he'd change a damm sight more of me. I'm not asking him though!

Teetime Fri 22-Jul-16 08:53:43

He's Ok now because I have been training him for the last 38 years!

Maggiemaybe Fri 22-Jul-16 08:55:03

Same wish here, morethan2. Mine once carried on looking for the brown sauce for his bacon sandwich at the airport even though they'd given out the last call for our flight. Mind you, he'd complain that he was faint from hunger because I insist we get there 2 hours earlier than we need to grin

Stansgran Fri 22-Jul-16 09:02:36

With you there Teetime. I look on it as a lifelong project . I'm trying very hard to get him to do life management in case something happens to me. Life runs smoothly because I know where everything is and what happens when. I did everything because his work was all consuming. Sorry to be serious.

Marmark1 Fri 22-Jul-16 09:07:37

That he wasn't so slap happy,

NanaandGrampy Fri 22-Jul-16 09:25:54

Not a sausage.

He's not perfect but that's good because neither am I.

He's even a twit sometimes...but he's MY twit !

Mumsy Fri 22-Jul-16 09:32:55

durhamjen, same here!

goose1964 Fri 22-Jul-16 09:38:30

the need to be right all the time, which includes snatching a knife out of my hand if I'm not chopping veg right.

KatyK Fri 22-Jul-16 09:51:21

He's a good kind man, but he is too modest and puts himself down in front of other people. He has been seriously ill but when asked about it he will say 'oh it's fine, it's not as bad as what you've been through' or some other such stuff. He once donated his bone marrow to try to save the life of a complete stranger. He has never told a soul and if I try to 'big him up' he says 'stop showing off' Bless him.

grannylyn65 Fri 22-Jul-16 09:55:56

Into a Chimera !

Yogadatti Fri 22-Jul-16 10:01:13

I should never have married my husband, so I would change everything about him.
I should have left him , but didn't., and vice versa. Neither of us has been happy.

lizzyann Fri 22-Jul-16 10:01:31

I just love him the way he is, faults and all, he wouldn't be him without them . More in love with him now than before after 36 years of marriage and 38 years of being together. We all have to remember we to have faults. Much love to everyone on gransnet .

Nannylovesshopping Fri 22-Jul-16 10:06:54

That he thought adultery was ok

Madmartha Fri 22-Jul-16 10:11:26

Gene therapy to stop him always having to have the last word on every subject in every conversation, even if it's a load of waffle he has to say it. A pathological Leo. Will even verbally repeat my contributions in meetings directly after I've spoken as if it's his thoughts, and he's often more knowledgeable than me on some things. Pity he doesn't apply the same enthusiasm to his clothes, would look like a jumble sale reject if left to own devices. And don't start me on him interrupting conversations because he's done everything bigger and better, the social graces fairy obviously didn't see him coming smile