Gransnet forums

Chat

Metro Bank

(5 Posts)
Riverwalk Mon 25-Jul-16 16:41:39

Recently on another thread someone mentioned the coin machines at Metro Bank and I made a mental note. Without meaning to, over the last 10 years or so I'd amassed bags, bowls, piles of coins and was forever meaning to bag them up and take to the bank.

On Saturday I went into the new local branch and checked that I didn't have to be a customer and today turned up with about 13lbs of coins!

The machine is fab - looks a bit like a Wurlitzer jukebox. Another very helpful chap assisted and asked me to guess how much I had ..... around £55 I thought, turned out to be £85!! It gives you a receipt and you take this to the counter and get your cash. I feel guilty that I don't bank there as the staff are lovely and the coin machine is free and just so fabulous.

The young fella proudly said that they have baby-changing facilities at each branch. I don't think you can change your coins for a baby though! grin

pensionpat Mon 25-Jul-16 16:44:56

They have coin counting machines in some supermarkets. Although they make a charge, sometimes it's worth it.

ninathenana Mon 25-Jul-16 17:50:21

We had one in our local Tesco for about 12 mths then it disappeared over night angry

Charleygirl Mon 25-Jul-16 18:12:36

That is good to know Riverwalk because last year I went to my bank, the RBS and have been a member since I was 18. I only had around £5 worth in one and two p. I did not recognise the teller or it may have been different- I was asked if I was a member of the RBS and she begrudgingly gave me a fiver after weighing the money etc.

phoenix Mon 25-Jul-16 21:52:42

Metro Bank were one of the companies that I had dealings with in a previous career!wink

They seemed to be totally customer focused, and the people I met with (mainly American who had come over to help with the launch in the UK) were lovely!

Opening hours seemed to be geared to customers, (my local bank has just reduced it's opening hours,probably because more people do their banking online) AND they have water bowls at every branch for dogs!

If they had a branch around here, I would look into switching, but I don't think they are planning rural branches anytime soon! C