Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Saturday

(15 Posts)
12Michael Sat 30-Jul-16 06:33:14

Good Morning Everyone,
Its a blue sky and sunny here in Brackley this morning.
Mick

nannotgran Sat 30-Jul-16 07:51:17

Morning all from north essex, Grey skies here but its going to improve
Not a lot on today . Enjoy yours

Nana3 Sat 30-Jul-16 07:55:39

Good morning Mick and everyone.
No bus ride for you today Mick, hope you have plans.
Sun trying it's best this morning, I've a 10 and 12 year old to entertain.
Have a good day everyone.

kittylester Sat 30-Jul-16 08:00:18

Good morning all!

Brilliant sunshine in North Leicestershire which is good as we have yet more gardening to do. I keep having really good ideas about different things we could do - I really should stop it!!

Enjoy your Saturdays everyone sunshine

hildajenniJ Sat 30-Jul-16 08:03:26

Good morning everyone.
There's blue sky and sunshine in Hexham, here in the middle of Tynedale it's cloudy, but looks like it will improve. DH is working a day shift so I'm by myself until four thirty this afternoon. Ooh, what shall I do? ?
Have a lovely weekend everyone.

annsixty Sat 30-Jul-16 08:04:59

Good morning all.
Beautiful start to the day here in Stockport, blue sky and sun.
I an getting out again this morning as a friend is fetching me to hers for coffee.

Pittcity Sat 30-Jul-16 08:16:16

Good morning from rainy Colchester. Supposed to clear up later.
It was lovely yesterday late morning so took DGS2 to the park, had lunch out and then the heavens opened and we got soaked on the way home.Been damp ever since.
Playing it by ear this weekend as have no firm plans.

Nelliemoser Sat 30-Jul-16 08:26:40

Good Morning from Cheshire. It is sunny here but I have developed a cold and cough and not feeling good. I am sure it will pass.
I am ok until I start moving about and doing anything.

Greyduster Sat 30-Jul-16 08:35:40

Good morning, Michael, and all GNs. Bright and sunny here in South Yorkshire. We are planning a walk today but can't make our minds up where to go yet. We don't usually go into the Peak District at the weekend because parking anywhere is a nightmare, it's so popular, but DH wants to have lunch out and all the pubs we like are there. Whatever you're doing, having a good day.

12Michael Sat 30-Jul-16 08:38:14

Nana3, yes a bus ride today, trying Saturday alternative way to get to Bicester and back via Buckingham , I did the Monday to Friday option last Wednesday and it worked try it today to see if the Saturday timings work OK.
Mick

annsixty Sat 30-Jul-16 08:47:05

We have just had the excitement of a steam train, Leander? Something go past the end of the road. All I could see was lots and lots of black smoke and heard the distinctive chugging sound. It is doing a journey from Liverpool to Scarborough.

cornergran Sat 30-Jul-16 08:50:20

Morning All. Sun just emerging in our corner of Somerset. Love the sound of a steam train ann. Nostalgia I know but a train trip was such a childhood treat, it takes me straight back there. Hope Saturday is kind to everyone.

PRINTMISS Sat 30-Jul-16 08:55:39

Good morning to you all, overcast here but warm. I am going out this afternoon with a friend and a small group of other people we are going to the theatre "Talking Heads" will be playing. I am not sure why I agreed to go, will probably not hear a thing - theatre audio aids are no good to me, and now I am dreading the fact that as it is in the afternoon, I shall fall asleep and snore! The other half just laughs at me - he is not going, sensible man. A little bit of excitement for you today Ann60 hope you enjoy your coffee with friend. Friends are lovely, aren't the?

rosesarered Sat 30-Jul-16 08:58:32

Overcast but warm here too, in my corner of Oxfordshire.DH has just gone to do a Sainsbury shop, and I have already done most of the household chores ( up early) and have the rest of the day to ourselves, bliss.

Newquay Sat 30-Jul-16 09:20:21

Sunny with some clouds here in Staffordshire.
Must do some housework this morning then collecting eldest DGD from her uni holiday housekeeping job at local hotel (yet her own bathroom /bedroom is like a tip!) about 2pm. She will then take over and drive us about half an hour to meet up with rest of family for a BBQ.
Had (yet another!) restless night so will feel tired todaysad Nothing unusual there then!