Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Tuesday

(20 Posts)
12Michael Tue 25-Oct-16 06:51:14

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark but dry here in Brackley this morning, its supposed to be milder as well.
Mick

cornergran Tue 25-Oct-16 06:54:18

Morning All. Dark and still horribly wet in our corner of Somerset. Here we go again sad. Dentist this morning then a visit to the littlest one, get the pain over first! Hope Tuesday is kind to you.

ninathenana Tue 25-Oct-16 06:55:53

Morning Mick and everyone

Dry here in N Kent too although rain was forecast for 5am. Tesco this morning whoop !
Hope your days are more interesting than mine

ninathenana Tue 25-Oct-16 06:56:51

Morning cg

Nana3 Tue 25-Oct-16 07:02:57

Good morning to everyone.
Still dark here in Lancashire but dry with yet another good forecast. Can't help thinking well pay later for all this lovely weather.
Lunch with WI friends today then a visit to Mum. Yesterday she said, "What are you doing here? "
Hope you all have a good day.

NfkDumpling Tue 25-Oct-16 07:03:17

Morning Mick, morning CJ, morning nina, morning All

Still dark here in Norfolk, but dry. A bit of cooking this morning, then off to Buckinghamshire this afternoon. Back tomorrow with two DGDs. They're coming to stay for a couple of nights minus parents. First time. I suspect there may be a bit of excitement!

whitewave Tue 25-Oct-16 07:19:44

Morning all,

Just getting light here and sat listening to a robin welcoming the day.

House is in absolute chaos as new kitchen being installed. Front garden full of old kitchen waiting to be removed. Dining room full of kitchen stuff, only one tap in the bathroom so kettle teapot microwave and sundries upstairs in the small bedroom. Washing up being done in bathroom. New kitchen being delivered into living room. At the moment we do have the conservatory in peace.

Just for one room!!!! And a fortune at that.

Good day everyone.

kittylester Tue 25-Oct-16 07:21:11

Good morning all!

I'm not sure what the north Leicestershire weather is like outside, as it's still dark, but it isn't cold.

This morning I am helping at my first 'living well with dementia' session so I really must get a move on.

Hope it goes well at the dentist corner and enjoy your visit. Have an exciting time with your dgc nfk and enjoy Tesco nina. Last time I saw my mum Nana3 she told me off for not wearing a coat!!!

Pittcity Tue 25-Oct-16 07:42:35

Good morning from a brightening Colchester. Still mild here.
No Italian class as it's half term (never too old!)
Walking into town with DS as he wants to beef up our wifi so that he gets a better signal in his bedroom.

DaphneBroon Tue 25-Oct-16 07:50:50

Good morning!
The sun is just beginning to hit the tops of the trees in the farmhouse garden behind ours so I think it might be going to be a nice day!
You know that feeling of waking refreshed- well it is rare but I feel I have actually had the best night's sleep for a long time (even allowing for getting up once to let Gracie out)
Trying to hold that sensation smile and wishing you all a pleasant day sunshine

annsixty Tue 25-Oct-16 08:05:28

Good morning all.
Slight frost here in Stockport but a clear sky and a very good day forecast.
Yet another possible disappointment for me, my D has rung to say GD has been up all night with a stomach bug so D may be coming on her own. If that is the case she will only stay for two nights. I haven't seen the GC since Easter!!
The very large leg of lamb will be going in the freezer.

berdie Tue 25-Oct-16 08:14:59

Morning all, starting to brighten up now, could turn out to be a nice day here in Bradford.

PRINTMISS Tue 25-Oct-16 08:17:55

Good morning to you all, why is it that you lie awake nearly all night, and then just as it is time to get up you drop off into that lovely deep sleep? Perhaps it is because it is really extremely dull here this morning, so no morning light to wake me up. Off to see our group of partially sighted and blind bowlers later on, always an enjoyable time, they are such a happy group. Enjoy your days.

Mildred Tue 25-Oct-16 08:23:33

Good morning all, crisp and clear in Liverpool looks like a beautiful day. Full of cold (lovely cuddles with granddaughter last week the cause) so taking it easy today.

Greyduster Tue 25-Oct-16 08:35:26

Good morning, Michael, and all GNs. The sun is up in South Yorkshire. Second day of GS's stay. He wasn't well yesterday, full of cold and didn't want to do a lot. He seems brighter today. I have a couple of books to pick up from the library and then we will have lunch out. Hope you all have a good day.

Stansgran Tue 25-Oct-16 08:58:23

Rather misty this morning in Durham and steamed up windows. I now wake up and put the electric blanket on but the sky has patches of blue

hildajenniJ Tue 25-Oct-16 09:00:40

Good morning everyone.
I've waited until now to give my morning report. I had hoped that the fog clinging to the hillside would disappear, but it shows no sign of melting away. It's rather gloomy, I have the lights on. Tynedale's weather is not very pleasant, the car only said 6°c on the way home from work.
Hope you have a good day everyone.

thatbags Tue 25-Oct-16 09:22:42

Morning, folks! Another cold morning of lovely light here. I'm going to take a wee break from wall painting (though I've got a sample tin of "Nectar Jewels 5"). I almost got "Wholemeal Honey 5" but the name did my head in. Later I thought of wholemeal bread and honey and my brain sorted its ideas out again.

Anyway, there is rampant fuchsia to cut back around a young hazel tree down in the northeast corner so I'm going to head down there with my alligator saw after a cup of tea.

Happy days, dudes!

Rosieroe Tue 25-Oct-16 09:22:54

Good morning everyone. It's a beautiful, very autumnal, morning here. Golden sunshine through a light mist.

DAncer66 Tue 25-Oct-16 14:23:53

Good afternoon from Farnborough, Hants. flowers