Gransnet forums

Competitions

Won anything?

(1001 Posts)
KatGransnet (GNHQ) Tue 25-Feb-14 15:38:40

We've always got something fabulous up for grabs here on Gransnet. If you've got any questions about a prize or would like to discuss what you've won with fellow gransnetters, feel free to post here.

Also - do check your emails around the closing date of the competition you've entered. If you've won, we would have emailed you the details. Don't forget to check your junk mail, as sometimes our mails slip through the net.

If you've got your posts in chronological order, click on 'Last' at the top of this thread to skip to the last page of this thread for the most recent winners.

Best of luck!

Maggiemaybe Sun 16-Mar-14 15:24:20

I had to resort to asking for help on another thread, sylwright. Luckily Ana was there to point me in the right direction! At least I know now that I've won nowt.

KatGransnet (GNHQ) Mon 17-Mar-14 12:01:36

sylwright

The link to "Won anything" takes you to the old thread which is full. I only found this thread by looking on the Forums.

It would be really helpful if the link was changed to send you to the new thread.

Opps! We've changed this now. Thanks for flagging.

harrigran Tue 18-Mar-14 17:11:03

Apparently I was successful in getting the book The Forest of Lost Souls but it has not arrived.

KatGransnet (GNHQ) Wed 19-Mar-14 08:59:46

harrigran

Apparently I was successful in getting the book The Forest of Lost Souls but it has not arrived.

Hi Harrigran - I emailed the publishers yesterday and they've assured me it'll be dispatched first thing this morning <fingers crossed>

amberpig Wed 19-Mar-14 22:30:04

nonnasusie the duvet arrived today and by the look of the box it's a snuggly one - I might have to keep it!

KatGransnet (GNHQ) Thu 20-Mar-14 16:00:03

Congrats to Deedaa, GranJan56, Icyalittle, gary1968 and sollydog who have all won a Spacesaver Highchair and a Feeding Bundle from Fisher-Price.

Please check your emails.

harrigran Thu 20-Mar-14 17:31:00

Many thanks, The Forest of lost souls arrived this afternoon.

glassortwo Thu 20-Mar-14 21:16:15

I have given DGD the copy of The Little Girl Who Lost Her Name which I'd won before Christmas.

I held it back until today her 6th birthday, she was thrilled to find the little girls name was her name too. Thank you we both enjoyed the book and it was taken straight to school to show the teacher and her friends.

glammanana Fri 21-Mar-14 15:42:52

glass aren't they just fab books I won one for youngest DGS in time for xmas he was convinced it was written just for him it was really well illustrated.

trayner Fri 21-Mar-14 17:51:57

The Miffy lamp arrived today, thank you so much. Ellen is delighted with her prize. It has been given pride of place in her bedroom.

rosequartz Sat 22-Mar-14 10:40:58

Thank you very much for the lovely Usborne edition of six of Shakespeare's plays which arrived this morning.

It is a beautifully illustrated edition. I look forward to reading it to the DGC - a lovely introduction to the works of The Bard!

Grannyknot Sat 22-Mar-14 16:16:10

What a happy thread, congrats everyone. sunshine

glassortwo Sat 22-Mar-14 20:22:15

glamma DGD was the same, she thought I had them write a special story for her birthday, her face lit up when she realised its was her name. So thank you again GNHQ this has earned me mega brownie points grin we have re-read it again and again and we love it. smile
Great for anyone looking for a special present
here it is

KatGransnet (GNHQ) Mon 24-Mar-14 12:54:51

Well done to Spidergran who has won £200 Hotel Connexions vouchers.

Also congrats to Gossidge, dustyangel and Rosannie who have won a Historic afternoon tea for two and Maureen Lee book bundle.

Please check your emails for more info.

dustyangel Mon 24-Mar-14 15:19:14

Thank you so much GNHQ, Maureen Lee always gives you a greater understanding of the time and place that she writes about, and I look forward to reading her latest book.
I'm really excited about the rest of the prize, I've never been out for an upmarket afternoon tea before. The only problem will be deciding where to go for it.
I fancy Edinburgh but it rather a long way from my UK base in the south east.

Rosannie Mon 24-Mar-14 16:26:26

Winning the competition is a very welcome surprise ! I shall share it with my Aunt who will be thrilled with Afternoon Tea and loves Maureen Lee novels too. We might just check out the controversial Kensington Palace as a venue! smile

NfkDumpling Mon 24-Mar-14 17:05:46

Thank you for my copy of Forest of Lost Souls. It's lovely to win things - I've never been lucky, always considering raffle tickets as simply donations. I have a friend who always wins something - until last week, when I won a box of chocs and she didn't. She was really upset!

harrigran Fri 28-Mar-14 15:39:34

Many thanks for the book Dandelion Clocks, I am going to read it before putting it in the bookcase of GD's bedroom in my home smile

seasider Mon 31-Mar-14 22:27:06

Thanks so much for Back to Blackbrick. What a nice surprise. I read the first few pages and had to finish it before giving it to my boys smile

joannapiano Thu 03-Apr-14 14:45:28

Thank you very much for the lovely hardback book "I Want My Mummy."
I shall give it to our 19 month old who I look after 2 days a week.
Like little Arthur in his dragon suit, I know she has a happy day with us, but there's no one like Mummy!
Lovely illustrations as well.

Greenfinch Thu 03-Apr-14 14:57:20

Thank you for my copy as well. My granddaughter will be one at the end of this month so I will give it to her then .She loves books and spends a lot of time reading with Mummy who hasn't been well since the birth. "I Want My Daddy" might have been more appropriate for her though !

Lona Thu 03-Apr-14 16:09:43

Thank you for "I Want My Mummy", it's just right for my dgd 2.5yrs as she loves stories when she's going to bed.

It's a charming book.

grannyactivist Thu 03-Apr-14 16:30:56

"I Want My Mummy" - thank you for this lovely book. Just right for my one year old grandson who already loves to sit and be read to.

MamaCaz Fri 04-Apr-14 09:00:08

What a surprise - Almost English arrived today. I look forward to reading it. Thank you, Gransnet.

KatGransnet (GNHQ) Fri 04-Apr-14 09:18:17

You're all welcome to post reviews of the adult and children's books you've received! smile www.gransnet.com/reviews

This discussion thread has reached a 1000 message limit, and so cannot accept new messages.
Start a new discussion