Gransnet forums

Health

Run down.

(9 Posts)
Flowerofthewest Tue 23-Sep-14 23:25:03

Same here rubylady started with a terrible sore throat last Wednesday it led into a horrible heavy cold. It was depressing and I had no energy and felt listless. Luckily my lovely DH treated me with TLC. He appeared on the first day with Strepsils, Eucalyptus Sweets, Lucozade, a pack of three magazines, newpaper, Hot Flu Drink (untouched, didn't need it luckily) and looked after this poor waning soul. This is the first day I have got dressed and have felt better for it.

numberplease Tue 23-Sep-14 17:03:21

I`m another one feeling run down and depressed, although there could be an explanation for mine. We couldn`t get to the surgery to pick up our ordered prescriptions because the car was off the road, so we`ve both been without our regular medications for a few days. On top of that, I have a recurring UTI, which keeps me up and on the go all night, so very little sleep, and due to the car situation I`ve only just made it to the doctor`s. Now that I`m all kitted out with medication, hopefully this horrible feeling will pass.

Maggiemaybe Tue 23-Sep-14 15:47:58

As ever, there are some nasty bugs going round. I'm usually one of the lucky ones who manages to fight them off, but I've had two episodes of sickness and general tiredness in the past 6 weeks. They've only lasted a few days, but were annoying. It is frustrating to have to take it easy as you say rubylady, but you have to listen to your body and not try to do too much till you're recovered. Otherwise you could make matters worse. flowers for anyone feeling below par today.

rubylady Tue 23-Sep-14 15:11:36

granjura Don't feel ashamed of feeling down and lethargic. It is understandable you are sad as you have lost your young friend but if you are feeling low and run down she would not want you to be ashamed about it, she would just want you to get better and to look after yourself so this is what you should do. Get plenty of rest and sleep, eat some good food and do something nice for yourself. Take some honey and lemon to boost your immune system. The more you get better now, the more you can be there for her lovely girls. flowers

I am not sad, I have a house move to look forward to, new walls to decorate and rooms to kit out so lots of excitement, but even this can take energy out of me so it's being run down and if I do too much then my energy becomes depleted and I get ill. So I've slept most of the weekend, even now I've just had a sleep after getting up earlier. I've had honey and lemon and buttercup syrup coz my chest felt sore. My throat tightens for some reason when I do too much, not sure what that is, it's happened now for 17 years. I just have to take my time in the packing up, very frustrating to want to be getting on with it when the body is objecting. hmm

Anya Tue 23-Sep-14 14:12:17

The autumnal equinox is next week so the hours of daylight are much reduced now and soon there will be more nighttime than daylight. Our bodies react to this even without sad events to make things worse.

J52 Tue 23-Sep-14 13:18:36

Sorry you're both feeling run down. flowers. I hope some good news and something to look forward to comes along soon. X

granjura Tue 23-Sep-14 13:11:51

rubylady I am feeling really low, lethargic, depressed and getting a cold just now- and I am so ashamed about this. We've just lost a young friend, aged 39, after a long and very brave battle against cancer, leaving 2 lovely girls behind- and I am kicking myself for daring to feel low last couple of days. It's been a very stressful year here too, and taking its toll.

harrigran Tue 23-Sep-14 11:56:13

I used to feel like that in the autumn but after many years, of the same pattern of illness, I realised it was when I switched the heating on after it being off for a couple of months. I had ducted air heating and it was apparently blowing dust through the vents that had accumulated over the summer months.

rubylady Tue 23-Sep-14 01:05:34

Is anyone else feeling a bit run down and tired or is it just me because of all I have to do with this house move? I do find this time of year normally a bit draining, when nights start to shorten and colds can start to appear. Had a terrible weekend of last, had to rest up to feel better and even then not back to normal yet. Feel like I need a good rub with Vapour Rub. Just ordered some friars balsam for inhalation. Or could it be stress? Anyone else feeling under the weather? flowers