Gransnet forums

Health

Humidifiers.

(3 Posts)
rubylady Sat 28-Feb-15 02:08:27

I know it is going to be coming to the end of the central heating season soon but just now, coping with this breathlessness, I was wondering if a humidifier might help me while the heating is still on. I can turn it down a bit in the living room until my son comes in and then he says he is cold.

Do humidifiers work or would I be wasting my money and what else could I do to create a little less dry heat?

Thanks lovelies. flowers

loopylou Sat 28-Feb-15 05:57:38

You could just have a bowl of water in the room, it would serve the same purpose as a humidifier?

JessM Sat 28-Feb-15 17:10:18

Better to talk to your doctor if you are breathless. It's not the dryness of the air that makes you breathless - there are many possible causes (not sure if you know what is causing yours). As you breathe in the air gets moisturised automatically in your nose etc to make it just the right humidity for your lungs.
Sons, in my experience, think indoor temperatures should allow them to wander round indoors in a T shirt in the middle of winter. However if you are not active you should not have the house too cool.