Gransnet forums

Health

Esa assessment.

(6 Posts)
rubylady Tue 24-Nov-15 21:43:38

I've just been given a date for my esa assessment to move into the support group. On the letter it says that the meeting can be recorded. I haven't heard of this before.

Does anyone have any idea if I should ask for this to be done or not?

Much appreciated. smile

rubylady Tue 24-Nov-15 21:45:04

Sorry, it's the medical assessment. Also, should I ask for a home visit as I have trouble with this breathlessness still and cannot walk well at all?smile

M0nica Wed 25-Nov-15 07:30:26

I would have thought that asking for a home visit suggests just how disabled you are; good point, but how would you feel about the assessment being done on your territory, especially if it doesn't go well; point for consideration.

miep Wed 25-Nov-15 13:23:35

Definitely get it recorded, whether home visit or not. That way they can't twist things to their advantage.

vampirequeen Wed 25-Nov-15 20:13:27

Definitely record. Also have a witness present if you can. Ask your doctor for a statement saying you need a home visit. They won't consider it otherwise.

When they ask questions make sure you tell them your worst day experiences and don't be British and put a gloss on it. They won't see it as the typically British don't want to complain. They'll see it as a way to get you into the 'can work' category.

rubylady Sun 29-Nov-15 23:35:04

I know, it is very worrying to be facing this though.