Gransnet forums

Health

Testing times.

(11 Posts)
rubylady Sat 25-Jun-16 00:42:59

I've had a letter today to say that I have to go and have another Lletz procedure, cervical biopsy. I had one in April which apparently came back clear. Now they are saying, after discussions, that they didn't get any skin cells in the biopsy so need to do it again. I've been upset all day. I thought I was ok. Now I am worrying again and it's going to hang over me until it is sorted.

WilmaKnickersfit Sat 25-Jun-16 00:50:04

Sorry to hear that ruby, isn't it annoying that these letters always arrive on a Friday? I'm waiting for a new driving licence after being diagnosed with MS and got a letter from DVLA today which turned out to be a mistake. The deadline date is getting closer and I don't want to be without a licence.

Have you healed OK from the first procedure? I wonder how long you'll have to wait for an appointment.

rubylady Sat 25-Jun-16 02:28:19

Wilma One department often doesn't know what another one is doing. What is your deadline for?

I healed ok from the last procedure until I had a period, then I ended up in A & E with large clots and very heavy flooding. They gave me some tablets to lessen it which it did. I started again 11 days ago and am still bleeding. I decided to take the tablets again as my strenght is going. My blood was tested in hospital and found out I am iron deficient anemic so tablets for that also. I was getting stronger until this period again.

I rang the colposcopy department and spoke to a nurse I have dealt with before. She said the period bleeding can be helped by inserting a coil or an endometrial ablation where they take away the lining of the womb. I don't fancy either to be honest. I like nature to take it's course but I can't go on feeling so weak and not having much of a life with it. Plus there is quite a bit of pain too. I wonder why I sit in a stupor and feel so saturated with things that have happened this year.

harrigran Sat 25-Jun-16 09:54:28

Ablation is probably one answer to your problem, continuous bleeding is so debilitating, when you are already anaemic sitting it out is not always an option.

Charleygirl Sat 25-Jun-16 10:07:36

WilmKnickersfit I am so sorry to hear that you have been diagnosed with MS. In the past I have dealt directly with the DVLA Medical Dept. and that appeared then to expedite matters.

rubylady Sun 26-Jun-16 03:56:22

Thanks harrigran, I decided yesterday to start taking the tablets prescribed to me in A & E again so that it lessens the flow. I was getting exhausted and I need to escape today (later) to have some "me" time. I've not been out for ages because of the bleeding so need some breathing space.

I hope you are feeling ok today. Suffering every day with something is very hard, isn't it? Chin up love. Xxx

WilmaKnickersfit Sun 26-Jun-16 09:16:12

ruby stuff like this really wears you down after a while. Hope your get that 'me' time (and more of it) . flowers

Charley I was diagnosed last November, but didn't know about telling DVLA until a few months ago. I was told by my consultant I could still drive and never gave it another thought. Now I am waiting for a 3 year licence to arrive. Might ring them again tomorrow.

flowers for anyone who needs them today. smile

jinglbellsfrocks Sun 26-Jun-16 10:07:03

God Rubylady! It all sounds awful. You must be feeling like shit. flowers[cake]brew and hugs. x

jinglbellsfrocks Sun 26-Jun-16 10:07:22

cupcake

jinglbellsfrocks Sun 26-Jun-16 10:09:02

And for you too Wilmakf. So sorry.

rubylady Mon 27-Jun-16 01:21:59

God love ya Jingle, thanks for that and the gifts, I do feel like shit. Trying to keep the spirits up but still bleeding after a fortnight, was drained walking round a shop earlier and then told that a good friend dying of cancer is in hospital with pneumonia and has very little time left. He's only 66 years old. It's bloody outrageous, he's worked hard all his life and didn't even get time to retire before he became ill a few years ago. Supported his wife who he met when she already had three children and went on to have three more together, been married 30 years. Why? Why the good ones?