Gransnet forums

Meet ups/where are you?

West Sussex - Haywards Heath or Burgess Hill meet-up

(104 Posts)
yogagran Sun 09-Feb-14 18:38:43

I'm hoping that a few of us will be able to get together for coffee and cake. I'm in the Horsham area but I think that Haywards Heath or possibly Burgess Hill may be more convenient for others. I don't know either towns particularly well so if we do manage to arrange a date I would be grateful for suggestions for a venue.
Hope we can arrange a mid week date in early March

I know Babs123 and greatfulgran74 are in this West Sussex area so I'm really hoping to hear from both of you and anyone else nearby

Mypennyfarthing41 Tue 25-Oct-16 10:34:16

Hello Liz,
Just checking that you're still OK for Thurs day, would 11.30am be acceptable to you, in the place opposite the butchers in Lindfield - I must try to remember the name of that place, trouble is that the hinges on that particular brain box keep getting jammed -
Could you please confirm.

Barbara

Mypennyfarthing41 Wed 05-Oct-16 10:55:59

Hello Yogagran,
Just keeping in touch 're. our meet up in Lindfield, could you make a morning in the last week of this month - would a Thursday suit you?
I would have emailed you but cannot find your post on Gransnet in which you gave me your email address. Right now, the sun is shining so I'm taking myself for a wobbly walk across the wobbly fields.
I'm looking forward to our meet up.

Kindly

Barbara sunshine

yogagran Thu 22-Sep-16 11:29:11

Hello Mypennyfarthing, I've only just caught up with this thread so apologies for ignoring you before! I'm in the Haywards Heath area & would be pleased to meet up somewhere for coffee and cake. Lindfield/H.Heath perhaps. We've recently moved house so life is a bit disorganised at the moment but I'm sure we can arrange something

MiniMouse Thu 22-Sep-16 10:06:53

Here's a link to the current thread for the meetup in Dorking for those who can travel there:

www.gransnet.com/forums/meet_ups_where_are_you/1229493-Meet-up-in-Dorking-Surrey-in-December

Mypennyfarthing41 Wed 07-Sep-16 14:13:50

Minimouse
Lovely to hear from you. Could you let me know where and when the next meet up is please, did many meet up last time? Did you have coffee, lunch or tea.
I'm near Haywards Heath if that helps and reasonably flexible regarding days

MiniMouse Fri 02-Sep-16 20:23:40

MyPennyFarthing41 The Surrey/West Sussex Meetups thread might be another option for you. We've just had a meetup, but there's another in the pipeline for December.

mumofmadboys Fri 02-Sep-16 20:12:18

Bumped!

Mypennyfarthing41 Fri 02-Sep-16 14:51:31

Yogagran and others in Haywards Heath area. Is there Anyone who would like a meet up. - I'm feeling just a little like a new girl at school No one Is talking to me.
Perhaps this Gransnet for me, is a waste of time.

Mypennyfarthing41 Fri 12-Aug-16 09:28:47

I s anyone keen to meet up in Haywards Heath, would like to know more people

Grandma2Two Tue 24-Mar-15 09:04:40

I would like to reactivate it-anyone else like to meet up in West Sussex on a Monday or a Tuesday? Come on ladies....lets do it!
Grandma 2 Two from West Sussex

NannaAnna Fri 27-Jun-14 21:44:08

OK, here's the new thread, so can everyone pop over and express their interest. grin

www.gransnet.com/forums/meetups/1208380-Sussex-meet-up

NannaAnna Fri 27-Jun-14 21:31:22

Hi everyone, I've had a chat with MiniMouse and we agree that a new thread would be a good idea, so I'm going to head off to create one, and then I'll be back with the link to post on here.
Grandma2Two, Yogagran, MiniMouse and anyone else who is interested, please post your availability on the new thread smile
NB: I've spotted that The Tea Room in Pulborough is not open on a Monday.
Anna.

Grandma2Two Fri 27-Jun-14 21:00:54

Hi-I cannot do Tuesday 8th July-as I am also childminding-but can definately do the 15th of July...anyone else?
Grandma2Two

NannaAnna Fri 27-Jun-14 17:50:11

Thanks for alerting me to this MiniMouse
Would it be a good idea to start a new 'meet-up' thread specifically for the Pulborough Tea Rooms? As this one originally relates to B.Hill and H.Heath, it might get missed by anyone looking for something current.
I don't want to jump in and do it myself without checking, as it wasn't me who suggested it grin.
It will also be better if I can link a fresh thread into the Local sites rather than this one again!
I'll also do a listing on the West Sussex website for the tea rooms and link that to the post in due course.
Anna, West Sussex editor, Brighton & Hove editor.

MiniMouse Fri 27-Jun-14 13:11:57

NanaAnna, Yogagran, Grandma2Two and all GNs in West Sussex

Here's an alternative venue for those of us who find Miss Mabel's tricky to visit:

www.pulboroughtearoom.co.uk

Possible dates that may fit round G2Two Tuesdays:

Tues 8 July or Tues 15 July

(I could do other days, but after w/e 19 July I'm involved with GCminding for a couple of weeks.)

yogagran Thu 26-Jun-14 15:28:18

I'll come to Pulborough too!
Just suggest a few dates and we'll see what we can do

MiniMouse Fri 20-Jun-14 18:13:30

Hello Grandma2Two - & all interested parties! Any day except Monday is good for me. I've got some grandchildminding days in July & Aug, which will rule out 23/29/30 July and 5/6 Aug. Other than that I think I can escape!

I've never been to Pulborough, just gone through the station on the train en route to somewhere, so it will be an adventure to see somewhere different!

Grandma2Two Fri 20-Jun-14 17:45:29

Hello MiniMouse-and of course anyone else who may be interested-the tearooms in Pulborough look nice.
I also have never been there-but I like to get out and about to different areas.
Good days for me are-Mondays and Tuesdays-how about you?
Grandma2Two

Woodstock Fri 20-Jun-14 16:58:01

Hi Nanna Anna,

I live in Haywards Heath, near the hospital. One of my favourite tea shops is 'Tory's' in Victoria Park, HH. It's very civilised - nice little tea cosy on your pot of tea, and yummy homemade cakes (Slimming World would NOT approve!).

MiniMouse Fri 20-Jun-14 10:06:41

G2two and anyone else who may be interested, I've just found this tea room online. It's in Pulborough, which I've never been to, but would be easier for me to get to than Burgess Hill (which is a half hour walk, two trains, fifteen minute walk each way!).

I know you can't always trust reviews, but it may be worth a try for those of us who are more in West Sussex rather than near East Sussex!

Here's the link - hopefully!

www.pulboroughtearoom.co.uk/

Grandma2Two Thu 19-Jun-14 20:56:05

Hello-I am new here-living in Shoreham by Sea. The meet up forum seems to have gone very quiet for a while?
Just wondering if there are still any meet ups taking place? I would be interested in joining you if so?
Thanks

MiniMouse Tue 03-Jun-14 11:32:34

Yes, I'm with Yogagran about where to meet! I would be travelling by train, so somewhere within a short walking distance from the station would be better for me, especially as my local station is a half hour walk or taxi ride away.

Saturdays make it more difficult for those of us who have OH/DH/family to consider, too.

yogagran Mon 02-Jun-14 19:28:09

Saturdays are not a good day for me and I had posted last week saying that I wouldn't be able to get there.
I'm not sure that Miss Mabel's is the best place to meet, it's a great place but if their small car park is full then it's a real problem finding somewhere else to park. It's in an industrial area with no road parking, you can't park in Wickes next door without risking getting clamped if they know you're having coffee next door and it's quite a long walk from any other car parks.
Just wonder if it's better to meet in a coffee place in Burgess Hill town centre and use one of the car parks there. That would also make it easier for anyone who was coming by bus or train too.

NannaAnna Mon 02-Jun-14 19:05:49

Hello Woodstock. Great to hear you're interested smile. Whereabouts in Sussex are you?
Perhaps those who are interested could suggest a couple of dates? It sounds like Miss Mabel's is a good idea as a venue.
local.gransnet.com/west-sussex/coffee-shops/35780-miss-mabels-tea-room

Woodstock Mon 02-Jun-14 10:41:54

I'd happily come along to a coffee/chat session on a Saturday - although I'll be honest and say that an afternoon would be better for me as I quite often go swimming with my two eldest grandkids on the Sat morning). I didn't know the existence of Miss Mabel's until today. Sounds like quite a find.