Gransnet forums

Meet ups/where are you?

Hackney meet up anyone?

(30 Posts)
annikazam Fri 22-Aug-14 11:15:43

Hi all, I am the new(ish) Local Editor for Gransnet Hackney and would love to arrange a meet up on my patch. I am based in Stoke Newington but am quite happy to travel anywhere in the borough. It would be so wonderful to meet some Gransnetters for a coffee and a natter - oh and cake of course! Mustn't ever forget the cake [smiles] Let me know and have a great weekend xxAnnika

GigiGransnet (GNHQ) Wed 19-Nov-14 21:18:45

We've had a few reports this evening and hopefully all the offending posts (and posters) have been dealt with now.
Wishing you all a peaceful evening.
x

deleted45 Wed 19-Nov-14 18:55:36

Message deleted by Gransnet for breaking our forum guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

Eloethan Thu 23-Oct-14 16:05:46

I'm OK with an evening, provided it's not too late.

YellowRose Thu 23-Oct-14 14:22:45

I keep looking at this place www.wearenana.com and would love to go. I also live Stoke Newington... and would love to meet up .. but working full time so could only do eves or weekends?

annikazam Thu 23-Oct-14 13:31:20

We could do a wednesday for those of us who are free midweek and then also a monday or a friday? (don't want anyone missing out and potential cake and cuppa opportunity!!)

annikazam Thu 23-Oct-14 13:29:38

Ah thank you for the lovely words! So Mondays and Fridays are fine although I don't have childcare those days. If you don't object to me bringing my little horrors (they are 2 & 4) I am very happy to meet on either a monday or a friday. Let me know your thoughts and then perhaps I can throw some dates into the ring!

MiceElf Wed 22-Oct-14 16:21:59

Mondays or Fridays are better for me.

Eloethan Wed 22-Oct-14 15:50:25

annikazam Congratulations on your marriage and wishing you future happiness.

I can only do Mondays and Fridays - childcare, etc., on the other days. If this doesn't fit in with what is convenient for the majority, hopefully I will be able to meet up with you all another time.

MiceElf Wed 22-Oct-14 14:56:31

I can't do Wednesdays or Thursdays as those are childcare days for me.

Dianalou Wed 22-Oct-14 14:39:09

Nana's looks wonderful!

Wednesdays or Thursdays are good for me.

annikazam Tue 21-Oct-14 16:26:59

Ah thank you! That's great! Anyone else around on wednesdays?

alchemillamollis Tue 21-Oct-14 01:30:05

Wednesdays are best for me. Glad you had a good wedding!

annikazam Mon 20-Oct-14 14:50:50

Hey, yes it did thank you! Still trying to get back on top of things and am slowly getting there. Didn't quite anticipate being in quite such a post wedding daze but lovely to be getting back to normal again. Right so meet up - yes please! Who's with me? Easiest perhaps if I suggest some dates? I have childcare on wednesdays and thursdays, are these any good for anyone? Could do a morning, lunch time or afternoon. Failing that a weekend if that's easier?

Location wise again very happy to travel but would like to suggest this place as it looks simply amazing - www.wearenana.com, in Clapton. This is just me posting ideas and suggestions and am very flexible so let me know your thoughts! Hope you're all having a good week!

MiceElf Tue 14-Oct-14 08:44:38

Hope the wedding went well.

Any further thoughts?

Penstemmon Wed 17-Sep-14 19:13:39

Will keep an eye on here for a date and if ican make it will be there!

Have a fab wedding day annikazam

annikazam Wed 17-Sep-14 18:45:11

Ooh that's a great idea! Although you might regret saying that smile

alchemillamollis Fri 12-Sep-14 00:51:57

Wow, congratulations, Annikazam! smile

October will be great! You can show us your wedding pix...

annikazam Thu 11-Sep-14 16:37:57

Hi all, apologies for my absence on this thread. I've had to go a little awol as am getting married in less than 2 weeks eek! Still so much to do! Perhaps we could get a Hackney meet up in the diary in October, how does that sound? Promise I'll keep an eye on this thread this time smile

alchemillamollis Mon 25-Aug-14 23:20:44

Oh, Greenfinch! <<waves>>

Thanks for this - I can't do Thursday, but Reading is certainly do-able in future. I do try to keep my eye on meet-ups. Have fun - I'll be thinking of you!

Greenfinch Mon 25-Aug-14 22:48:17

Good to hear from you again alchemillamollis. We have a meet-up in Reading on Thursday if you are interested. Sorry. Didn't mean to hi-jack this thread grin

alchemillamollis Mon 25-Aug-14 22:24:15

And where...

Have Oystercard, will travel.

alchemillamollis Sat 23-Aug-14 01:54:43

I'm in! Let us know when...

janeainsworth Fri 22-Aug-14 20:18:27

I like any excuse to come to London, would like to come depending on dates etc.

MiceElf Fri 22-Aug-14 19:36:01

I might - depending n work, childcare and voluntary work....

Penstemmon Fri 22-Aug-14 17:59:48

I can do a London meetup if I am not working. I will keep looking to see what dates you come up with and if you are meeting on a non-work non-childcare day I would love to join you.