Gransnet forums

Meet ups/where are you?

Gloucestershire meet-up anyone?

(24 Posts)
Dianeayr Mon 15-Sep-14 20:42:29

I am organising the first meet-up of our local gransnet site (Gloucestershire). Are there any Gloucestershire gransnetters out there who would like to join us? If so please add to the thread on my local site local.gransnet.com/forums/local_gloucestershire_meet_ups/1198410-Is-there-anyone-out-there or use the 'contact me' button on my site. I am hoping to scedule a meet-up for the end of September or maybe early October, probably around the Gloucester area, although that is subject to the location of those wanting to attend. Please if you live in or around this area do join us, you would be very welcome and it is a great way to meet new people and make friends.
Diane

Galen Mon 15-Sep-14 21:14:33

I'm N Somerset. Near enough?

Icyalittle Mon 15-Sep-14 21:18:08

Hi there. I'm in North Wiltshire and would love to be involved, but will be away until 3rd October.

Harlequin Tue 16-Sep-14 14:11:17

I'd like to come but I'll be away now until the end of October - sorry.

Dianeayr Tue 16-Sep-14 14:30:12

Galen, we would love you to join us, have added your name to my list. Icyalittle, that would be fine. I am going to message all the people who are interested up to now and see where is the most central place to meet up for everybody and when they can make it. Will post on the thread on my site when I have heard back and can finally get something organised.
Diane

Mishap Tue 16-Sep-14 18:01:23

I am in south Herefordshire and would be up for it - but probably your second meting if the first is to be that soon, as I will be recovering from hip op.

Dianeayr Wed 17-Sep-14 19:55:35

Hi Mishap, will add you to my list even if you can't make the first meet-up. Hope everything goes well with your op.

Galen Wed 17-Sep-14 20:47:02

Need to be close to M5 and south side of Gloucester for me.
I drive as far as darling daughter who lives in Quedgley

Harlequin Thu 18-Sep-14 18:08:31

I'm not around now until November but can come to any location after that.

Marmight Thu 18-Sep-14 18:42:42

I would like to join you if your date coincides with a stay with DD3 near Cirencester. I will be there approx 23/24 October and possibly first few days of November!

Anya Thu 18-Sep-14 19:25:36

I'm about 45 minutes away to the north.

Dianeayr Tue 23-Sep-14 20:47:31

Ok ladies, I now have some ideas about when and where most of you would be able to have our first meet-up, so I have a couple of suggestions. As to dates, how would Friday 31 October or Friday 7 November be for you all? As to place, I think the most central for everybody would be either Cheltenham or Gloucester. I will message you all individually and also post on the Gransnet HQ site on the meet-up thread. Please could you all get back to me by either posting on one of the threads or by messaging me to let me know what you think and which date and place you would prefer. Think maybe lunch would be nice, am looking forward to meeting some of you, and hopefully if it goes well we could maybe have regular meet-ups, a nice way to meet new friends!
Diane

Dianeayr Wed 24-Sep-14 21:10:56

Hello ladies, I am still awaiting some replies, will re-message them tonight but we have definately got enough of us for a meet-up. Most of you have chosen lunch in Cheltenham on Friday 7 November, that is fine for me, so can you all put it in your diaries. Is there anywhere special that you would like to have lunch? There is a Wetherspoons in Cheltenhan (called the Moon Under Water) that is quite close to the town centre and with a car park virtually next to the restaurant, and another one just a 5 minute walk to it. How does that sound? The food is good and reasonable and they do tea and coffee and plenty of soft drinks as well as the usual alcoholic drinks. Anybody prefer to eat somewhere different could you let me know. How about meeting at 1pm?
Diane

marionk Thu 25-Sep-14 22:21:39

Hi, that's fine with me - there are 2 Wetherspoons in Cheltenham but I think youmust mean the one on Bath Road

Dianeayr Fri 26-Sep-14 13:02:10

Hi yes marionk I did mean the one in Bath road, didn't realize there was another one. Hope Wetherspoons is ok with the ladies that are coming? Anybody that would prefer to have lunch somewhere else please let me know. There are 8 of us up to now unless anybody else wants to come. So, if we can all meet at Wetherspoons Cheltenham (Bath Road) on Friday 7 November at 1pm that would be great. Anyone need directions please contact me.
Diane

Harlequin Fri 10-Oct-14 11:35:08

I can do Friday 7th. Looking forward to meeting up.

ChrissyPurple Thu 23-Oct-14 18:06:13

I'm looking forward to meeting up on November 7th. Thanks for organising it Diane! Slad Valley Christine aka ChrissyPurple.

Oldgreymare Fri 24-Oct-14 09:18:53

Ooooooooooh! Could I tag along please? If so I'll 'park and ride' as I shall be driving from Somerset.

BeeJay23 Wed 29-Oct-14 19:12:53

Not long now until the Glos meet up. How are we all going to recognise each other?

BeeJay23 Wed 29-Oct-14 19:14:44

I will be doing the 'park and ride' as well Oldgreymare!

Icyalittle Wed 29-Oct-14 19:16:57

Shall we all carry something Gransnettish? Let's start a thread for suggestions.

Harlequin Thu 30-Oct-14 10:17:26

Do you mean 'The Moon under Water'? 16-28 Bath Road?

Marmight Thu 30-Oct-14 10:33:12

Sorry I won't make it. I am returning home on 4th. Next time perhaps......would have been good to meet you and to see OGM again.

Icyalittle Thu 30-Oct-14 23:16:47

I started a thread on how to recognise each other. Have you got a candelabra, Diane?