Gransnet forums

Chat

Kittens, koalas, kitchen roll, kyaks and kiwi fruit

(60 Posts)
phoenix Wed 29-Jun-16 23:18:31

Or anything other than politics/potential party leaders/how we're all going to hell in a handcart/everything is going to be so much better etc.

I like kittens, Regina blitz is a really good kitchen roll, might seem expensive at first glance but is actually good value, my neighbours have a kayak, but their eldest son is rather plump and has trouble fitting in the damn thing, perhaps he should eat only kiwi fruit for a week.

Sick, sick sick of politics , listen to Radio 4, read Daily Telegraph, would like more non political threads on GN!

(Tin helmet time again?)

grannyactivist Wed 29-Jun-16 23:26:29

We have a twin kayak, but it's been too darn cold to go out in it this year.

I once had a cat who gave birth to five kittens one Easter Sunday - I'd taken her on holiday with us because she was too pregnant to risk leaving behind. She presented each newly born kitten to the dog (yes, we also took the dog on holiday with us) - it was very sweet. Sadly I've become allergic to cats since then.

I haven't used my Kindle much recently as I've been reading less and using my iPad more.

I have no kiwi fruits because the allotment is bursting with strawberries and raspberries - no need to buy anything else.

And finally Phoenix - you have no need of a tin hat on this thread as I'm sure hopeful that only kindhearted people will respond. grin

phoenix Wed 29-Jun-16 23:30:35

Forgot to include an observation about koalas, they look cute, are furry,eat eucalyptus leaves and sleep a lot, a bit like Digby, but without the eating eucalyptus leaves bit.

Bellanonna Wed 29-Jun-16 23:35:53

Kedgeree. Made some recently. Don't make it often. Kippers? Never eat them.
Special K in winter. Don't have a kindle or kittens, but do like kiwi fruit. Kids. Mine. Well she's 40 actually. But tonight, in Waitrose, was checking out a bottle of wine and was asked fir ID. She was shocked, The cashier said they had to ask everyone who looked under 25. She feigned annoyance but I know she was delighted ! Totally gratuitous bit of information but it doesn't mention the R word.

Jalima Wed 29-Jun-16 23:39:34

Kittens are sweet but they will then grow into cats
Koalas look cute but are always sleeping
Kitchen roll - I will look out for that make! Thank you for the tip
Kyaks - never tried one (there's always a first time grin)
Kiwi fruit - have to be slightly under-ripe. Never put one in your handbag and forget it
Kindle - I have been lent so many books recently I haven't looked at my Kindle in months
Kedgeree - lovely (with undyed haddock)

phoenix Wed 29-Jun-16 23:42:52

grin Doesn't have to be K, just as long as anything posted has absobloodylutely NOTHING to do with politics!

Ramble away, GN'ers!

mumofmadboys Wed 29-Jun-16 23:51:03

I have recently taken up kayaking and also bought a wetsuit. Went to Bardsey Island recently( off Lleyn peninsula of Wales) and went swimming with seals! Brilliant! Lovely island if you like simple living!!

Alea Wed 29-Jun-16 23:52:20

Lavatory brushes, lasagne, loo paper, lollipops, Labradors (aww!) , lacrosse sticks and Library cards!

Lillie Thu 30-Jun-16 00:05:24

That Regina Blitz kitchen roll is brilliant! But watch out it is made in Italy and has a German name! grin

Lillie Thu 30-Jun-16 00:10:50

And how do some people get their pictures taken cuddling koalas? We went to Sydney Zoo and were given strict instructions not to so much as touch the cuties. Apparently they are aggressive and can bite.

Lillie Thu 30-Jun-16 00:16:06

Talking of kitchen roll, have you done a kayak roll yet mumofmadboys?

Swiss roll, sausage roll, arctic roll, bread roll.

mumofmadboys Thu 30-Jun-16 00:17:57

No, definitely not Lillie!! Did that as a teenager and hated it then!!

ninathenana Thu 30-Jun-16 00:23:46

We get through so much flippin' kitchen roll in this house. I need a spy camera in the kitchen to see what they do with it all.
I love grey kittens, grey horses too. I especially love dolphins which happen to be grey. Some people would be surprised to know that they can be aggressive. I knew koalas could be.
I'm glad to see nobody has used the 'b' word in relation to the koala.

downtoearth Thu 30-Jun-16 06:24:50

Kakariki.....we do have a kakariki parrot who is a native kiwi,we don't have a kitten but have a new retired greyhound as a new pet she can run kwickly

Stansgran Thu 30-Jun-16 07:43:12

Very kool thread. There's a kangaroo hopping across the lawn. Very small one? Ah a bunny. Run out of ks.

Coolgran65 Thu 30-Jun-16 08:09:37

Bought 4 ready to eat kiwi fruit in Asda and waited 10 days for them to ripen. !!
Went right to the top and complained to the area manager, my ds.

Kindle is kept klose by and answers many kwestions daily.

NanaandGrampy Thu 30-Jun-16 08:34:09

Grey sky, grey day and grey knickers !!

Oh how I remember the days when the slightest hint of grey would get those knickers thrown out. Now I simply don't see the need to throw out perfectly good ones even if they are grey . So its a whizz round in that Oxiwhite stuff for some return to glorious whiteness !!

Thank you for the thread about absolutely nothing - cheered me up no end( although still depressed about the knickers !!)

Gagagran Thu 30-Jun-16 08:49:14

My name begins with a "K" and my initials spell the name of a famous garden. Also my previous initials , prior to marriage spelt the name of a receptacle for beer.

Teetime Thu 30-Jun-16 08:55:56

Thank Heaven for you Phoenix I agree with all you have said as to Ks mmmm
Don't care for Special K but the cereal bar is Ok for a stop gap.
My Kindle Fire is wonderful and full of lovely books I am yet to read.
Koalas are lovely and I would love to cuddle one but I hear you aren't supposed to.
I know a nice lady called Kupperblatt in my on line book club.
Kittens pretty but no not for me- allergic to felines.
Karma - what will be will be.

chelseababy Thu 30-Jun-16 08:56:09

One of my middle names begins with K. Well it doesn't really but I spell it with a K because otherwise my middle initials would be WC! Not that it matters now but in my teens it did.

aggie Thu 30-Jun-16 09:02:34

Grey knickers out on the line , along with cuddly slippers and I am writing this on .my Kindle

Indinana Thu 30-Jun-16 09:18:40

My DD's name begins with K.
Love fluffy Kittens, but not Keen on Kats.
Koalas are very Kute - I've never seen one up Klose.
When I have a Kiwi fruit, I Kut off the top and eat it with a teaspoon, like a boiled egg smile
Never tried Kayaking, and probably not likely to now!
Love Knitting, but haven't done any for a while because of Karpal tunnel syndrome. Very frustrating as I have masses of wool!
I'm not writing this on my Kindle, as it's not a tablet, just an e-reader. I have an iPad instead.
Kerfuffle - now there's a good K word!

Greyduster Thu 30-Jun-16 09:27:40

Kerplunk! One of GS's favourite games when he was younger. We are thinking about getting him some kayaking lessons when we go to West Wales in August. I have only done it once, in a double kayak on the Colchester estuary and for some reason we ran out of water and had to drag the bally thing up onto the bank! We were, well and truly, up the creek without anywhere to paddle!

Jayh Thu 30-Jun-16 09:41:06

Bookends, babies, bunnies,begonias,bath mats,best of three,balloons, Boomtown Rats, baboons,bazookas! It's my birthday today!
That kalls for kake...........???

shysal Thu 30-Jun-16 09:44:37

Happy birthday Jayh, flowers

As it doesn't have to begin with K, I would like to sing the praises of Geranium Rozanne. It will be flowering until the first frosts. All the border Geraniums seem to be doing well this year, they must like the weather.