Gransnet forums

Pets

A practical joke involving animals is not funny.

(11 Posts)
Elrel Fri 08-Jul-16 17:22:01

Pillocks!

Smileless2012 Fri 08-Jul-16 17:12:42

What a horrible thing to do Merlotgran.

I hate it when people crack a 'joke' at the expense of another's pet. We have a little white poodle and last year the man friend of a friend who'd been helping with the washing up said 'if you'd been here earlier I could have stuck a stick up its arse and used it as a dish mop'.

He then went on to ask if 'it was a boy or girl' before remarking 'oh it's a boy'. Yes, I said HE'S a boy, I take it you've just seen how well endowed he is, what's the matter are you jealous.

Some people just don't realise how much are pets can mean to us do they.

merlotgran Tue 28-Jun-16 17:20:46

whitewave, In my younger and fitter days I'd have been in there like a shot!

breeze Tue 28-Jun-16 16:05:35

Agree ww. Gets me into trouble sometimes (ask my kids what happened when chewed up toffees were chucked at us at the cinema once!). But if they were that sick to do it, they may have been even sicker if she'd flown in there and had it out with them.

whitewave Tue 28-Jun-16 15:58:19

My temper would have me rushing into the pub to give them what for.

breeze Tue 28-Jun-16 15:36:15

Didn't think of that. I was pick pocketed very cleverly once, and smart of your DH to think of that first. So back to a sick joke. And sick it was.

jinglbellsfrocks Tue 28-Jun-16 15:34:43

Oh God! Yes! That does make sense. Thank goodness everything is alright.

merlotgran Tue 28-Jun-16 15:31:12

When I told DH he said, 'Have you checked your handbag????'

I knew all was well because I'd gone back in to pay for the parcel but it never occured to me at the time that it could have been a diversionary tactic so that somebody could nick my purse shock

It wasn't......thank goodness but I would have been easy pickings.

breeze Tue 28-Jun-16 15:03:17

Agree shock. Not funny. At all. Supposing you had a weak heart. I'd call them something really bad but I keep moaning about swear words only being used for 'special occasions', or it devalues them, so I shall say 'Nincompoops'!

jinglbellsfrocks Tue 28-Jun-16 14:44:58

shock !!!

What total idiots! Unbelievable.

merlotgran Tue 28-Jun-16 14:17:49

I drove the two miles to our village shop this morning to post a parcel for DH. My two Jack Russells were in the back behind the dog guard, windows open and the hatchback door locked.

As I was about to pay the postage a young man ran in shouting, 'Have you got two brown and white dogs because they're running loose in the road and one of them has nearly been hit by a car?'

I headed for the door as fast as I could, heart in mouth, thinking, How the heck could they get out because I was sure I'd locked the door.

Sure enough....there they were, safe and sound with their tails wagging and their usual, 'Hello Mum' grins.

The young tw*t and his mates thought it was Oh So Funny. angry Clutching their sides they were as they disappeared back inside the pub.

As if I wasn't cross enough I then had to face the dragon in the shop because I'd left my parcel on the counter and as she'd already started tipitty tapping on the till I was holding people up!

GAH!!!!