Gransnet forums

Pets

Only the names have been changed...

(13 Posts)
lizzypopbottle Wed 28-Sep-16 15:52:35

Who would you name your pet after? My dog, Charlie, is changing his name to Sydney (Sydney Greenfeet after Sydney Greenstreet the actor). We've just had a run in the local dog exercise field and the grass is newly cut ?

Jane10 Wed 28-Sep-16 16:10:12

grin

Alima Wed 28-Sep-16 16:21:27

Spaniels huh, love being mickey don't they. The green goes very nicely with the black and white. We named a cat Nigel after Nigel in Enders, going back to 1993 here. Nigel in Enders was a lovely chap but a bit of a scran bag, very untidy etc. Nige the kitten came to us with only half his whiskers, ring worm and a couple of other problems. He turned into the most sweet natured cat so his name really suited him.

lizzypopbottle Wed 28-Sep-16 17:19:14

The camera didnt really pick up the intensity of the green colour. It's fading now but was very bright at first ?

phoenix Wed 28-Sep-16 18:18:02

A friend of mine had Geoffrey Boycat!

rosesarered Wed 28-Sep-16 18:23:51

A friend had a dog called Boy George ( usually called Georgy) a very comical looking sausage dog with a lovely nature .

Lyndylou Wed 28-Sep-16 20:23:07

We were once adopted by a stray cat who we called Rodger the Lodger as it was always sneaking into the house. When we gave in and took it to the vet to ensure it wasn't chipped (it wasn't) we realised Rodger was actually a she. So we called her Hayley after the Coronation St gender reassignment character.

She was extremely affectionate - I have a theory that cats that have been hungry and homeless early in life become very grateful when someone takes them in.

AnnaBell Mon 03-Oct-16 08:14:24

I had a Rottweiler. His name was Manny, then we have renamed it on the Bass

annsixty Mon 03-Oct-16 08:21:15

My Aunt was adopted by a stray cat who they named Buzz as when my Uncle saw him lurking in the garden would shout "buzz off". He never did and became a much loved pet for many years.

BBbevan Mon 03-Oct-16 08:39:12

Our cat was called Bronwen. A name chosen by all the family. However we all called her Mavis . ??

glammanana Mon 03-Oct-16 08:47:06

We adopted a raggy old dog found rummaging in bins and what ever we did for him trying to smarten him up he always looked a "bag of rags" but so so loving he was always known locally as "rags" and stayed with us for 8yrs.

DanniRae Mon 03-Oct-16 09:33:12

We had a cat and called her Florence - then she went to the vets to be 'done' and oops she was a he! We renamed him Lawrence..... hmm

tanith Mon 03-Oct-16 09:37:47

An old friend of mine had an Old English sheepdog many years ago I can't remember what his original name was but a few months later that Dulux advert with all the OE sheepdogs was on tv all the time and then the dogs name got changed to Brolac confused I never did get it grin