Gransnet forums

Product tests and surveys

Please note: This topic is for your comments and feedback on Product Tests and Surveys being run by Gransnet. It is not the place to post (or ask for) comments on other products or to post your own surveys. If you do this, your comments may be deleted. If you'd like to run your own product test or survey, please email [email protected]. If you are an entrepreneur or start-up and would like to ask for some feedback, please visit our media requests topic here

Oven liners Teflon v Fibreglass

(5 Posts)
jaybee66 Wed 11-Oct-23 08:22:46

Has anyone tried these and do they work? They all seem to be made from Teflon or Fibreglass so would like to know if any of you have any ideas as to which is the best.

NotSpaghetti Wed 11-Oct-23 08:43:39

I wouldn't use one as I regilarly run my oven hot and wouldn't be happy with fumes which can be released.

If I had to choose I'd go for silicone though rather than PTFE type or fiberglass and would check in my oven manual (or email my oven company) to see if it was compatible with my particular model. Some ovens don't recommend them because of heating elements.

MiniMoon Wed 11-Oct-23 08:49:48

I have silicone liners. I don't put one directly on the bottom of the oven though. I put the shelf on the lowest rack and put the liner on that. It's fine at 220°c.

NotSpaghetti Wed 11-Oct-23 10:24:22

I think lots of people do as you do Minimoon.

Doodledog Wed 11-Oct-23 11:04:16

I use silicone ones too. They make oven cleaning so much easier. I have a gas cooker though, so there are no elements to worry about.