Gransnet forums

Relationships

DS of adopted daughter getting married.

(14 Posts)
jeanie99 Tue 17-Feb-15 10:56:57

Ask your daughter for advice.

I hate to buy gifts which people then pass on or put in drawers it's a complete wast of money.

ninathenana Mon 02-Feb-15 11:53:54

Nellie that's a lovely idea smile

Nelliemoser Sun 01-Feb-15 15:59:35

Teetime It's very good to hear you managed to "find" your daughter.

How about getting together a collection of your family photographs and as much history about them as you can.
Your Grandaughter might be interested in that some day even if that info stays with your daughter for a time

It must have been an amazing experience for you to get to meet her again. smile

kittylester Sun 01-Feb-15 15:20:46

Nina grin - we hadn't even got that far!!!!

ninathenana Sun 01-Feb-15 15:18:41

I agree a nice frame is a good idea.

I can sell you one if you like, it used to have a photo of DD and spermie in.
I can't use it for anything else as it has wedding rings in one corner grin grin

(no offence)

kittylester Sun 01-Feb-15 08:27:06

bags, I think the cake is for his sister when she get married.

I think a very nice photo frame, not necessarily silver if it's not to his taste.

Eloethan Sat 31-Jan-15 19:02:49

Do whatever you would like - and can afford - to do. I feel it is not a time for considering formal courtesies - even though you don't have a close relationship, he is still your grandson.

thatbags Sat 31-Jan-15 11:54:04

Isn't a wedding cake a wedding gift? I would regard it as one in the circumstances described.

Teetime Sat 31-Jan-15 10:46:10

Good suggestions - I was thinking a cheque but its so impersonal. he is a lovely young man even if he s very tattooed!!!

Agus Sat 31-Jan-15 10:18:44

I always give a silver frame as a wedding gift as I think most couples will have certain photographs of special ocassions they will want to display. I know this gift has been well received and actually used.

J52 Sat 31-Jan-15 10:08:42

How lovely that you are reunited with your daughter and family.

My only suggestion might be something lasting, a modern silver photo frame perhaps from a silver designer.

I would ask your daughter as she will know the couple's taste. x

jinglbellsfrocks Sat 31-Jan-15 09:56:18

You would definitely want to buy him something special. He is your grandson. smile

Soutra Sat 31-Jan-15 09:52:59

I would consult DD I think. A "token" gift or something special perhaps, but it is difficult as he clearly does not seem to want the "wedding guest or gift list" palaver. (good for them!)

Teetime Sat 31-Jan-15 09:47:26

My DD1 was adopted when I was 16. She found me about 10 years ago and I was introduced to her 3 children. The eldest now in his late 20s is getting married in Florida this year. He didn't want a wedding with guests so juts his mother and step father are going. I don't know him at all well. He doesn't have any contact with me- we don't exchange Christmas cards or anything at all. His sister is getting married next year in England I have been invited to that wedding and have offered to buy her wedding cake. What would you do in the way of wedding gift in these circumstances please?