Gransnet forums

Site stuff

It's a whole year since...

(35 Posts)
jinglbellsfrocks Mon 22-Dec-14 09:16:34

...I had any of those nice little personal warning shots across the bows messages from you. Boring innit?

I feel deprived.

Happy Christmas. x

glammanana Mon 22-Dec-14 09:21:43

Feeling neglected jings tchgrin enjoy xmas.x

Galen Mon 22-Dec-14 09:22:35

Well if you will behave yourself?

gillybob Mon 22-Dec-14 09:22:48

It's all in your hands jings

If you really are feeling deprived....... I dare you tchgrin

Happy Christmas to you.

glassortwo Mon 22-Dec-14 09:28:54

Dont encourage jingle she doesn't need any help tchgrin

Elegran Mon 22-Dec-14 09:45:26

A whole year? Was it a New Year Resolution?

Nelliemoser Mon 22-Dec-14 10:07:20

Well done Jingle tchsmile tchsmiletchsmile

Anya Mon 22-Dec-14 10:09:40

Yes, GN has been a tad boring this year tchsad

jinglbellsfrocks Mon 22-Dec-14 10:21:41

Elegran no, not a resolution. Just a year since I hacked my way was allowed back in. tchsmile

Gagagran Mon 22-Dec-14 10:32:40

Happy Christmas Jings - it's been great having you here ALL year! tchgrin

Lona Mon 22-Dec-14 10:35:21

You could always change your name again and come back fighting! tchgrin

Merry Christmas jings

Faye Mon 22-Dec-14 10:39:47

Merry Christmas jingle, now that you mention it I believe you have mellowed over the last year or more likely become very boring. tchwink

janeainsworth Mon 22-Dec-14 10:46:49

Well jingl you did your best to annoy me!tchgrin
Love and Peace!tchgrin

Elegran Mon 22-Dec-14 11:00:27

And I just thought that you had got happier and it was reflected in your posts!

granjura Mon 22-Dec-14 11:14:17

It actually 44 years since I hitch-hiked home to get there early to pack my bags to go and spend Christmas with future OH and his family in Surrey. And since my friend, who had picked me up- decided to overtake a lorry on slushy icy snow and lost control. The car spun and wrapped itself around a large ash tree, with my leg and head in the middle. Double skull fracture and femur smashed to smithereens- 4.5 months in traction and a postponed wedding- Fell and rebroke leg day before the new wedding date- got married 2 days later in hospital- and OH and family returned to London without me. Followed in wheelchair 3 months later. Two years to learn to walk again properly...

Recovered, and so did the tree- I wave at it each time I pass bye. New knee will be required soon- but hey ho, could have been disabled all my life, so perspective required...

Not boring, innit?

Joyeux Noël to you too.

Eloethan Mon 22-Dec-14 12:06:54

What bad luck granjura - or I suppose good luck that you're still here to tell the tale.

jinglbellsfrocks Mon 22-Dec-14 12:08:23

Everyone else has got so nice. [fingerdownthroat] You see, it's all your fault really.

tchhmm

jinglbellsfrocks Mon 22-Dec-14 12:09:31

granjura that sounds horrible.

Ana Mon 22-Dec-14 12:15:38

Yes, it's all rather staid and genteel now, isn't it? tchconfused

I do miss the old jingl, but glad you're happy!

Nonnie Mon 22-Dec-14 12:35:52

Oh Ana don't tempt them all! Certainly not at this time of year.

Just think what it will all be like in the run up to the election, all the knives will be out then! tchgrin

Juliette Mon 22-Dec-14 12:49:48

Oooh! Sounds interesting. Might stick around then! tchsmile

J52 Mon 22-Dec-14 12:59:54

Granjura, that sounds like a good outline for a novel! If you get snowed in you could begin to write it! Happy Christmas, once again! X

granjura Mon 22-Dec-14 13:07:49

Well I would read like a very silly tale. When future OH tried to come and visit us a couple of months earlier- we waited and waited for him at the ariport- then got a message on the tanoy to go to BA desk. His dad died of a heart attack putting his case in the boot. Late Jan future OHG managed to get time off to come and see me in hospital. He went to his sis in Guildford so whe could take him to the airport the next day. As it was snowing, they went toboganning with the kids- he toppled over and broke his ankle... so never made it. Nobody would believe it if I wrote it up- worse than Mills and Boons.

jinglbellsfrocks Mon 22-Dec-14 13:10:31

Ana - it's more scared! tchgrin

loopylou Mon 22-Dec-14 13:11:36

Flipping heck granjura! Amazing you survived all that tchshock! Mus be made of Teflon!