Gransnet forums

Style & beauty

Well, that was an expensive nail varnish!

(22 Posts)
Anne58 Sat 05-Sep-15 11:50:23

Good morning all.

I am continuing with my foray into the world of "modern" nail varnish colours, so found myself once again perusing the range in Morrisons.

I was particularly taken with a sparkly lilac one, and as it was on offer decided to buy it. As I left the car park I realised that I didn't actually have anything in that colour in my wardrobe, so thought I would just pop up to the outlet shopping centre to see what might be on offer in M&S.

I found a lovely cotton jumper in just the right shade (I have to be a bit careful with lilac/purple/mauve colurs as I have (dyed) red hair). Unfortunately there was also another cotton one in a slightly different design in a light aqua colour, which would go perfectly with the nail polish that I bought a few weeks ago. blush

Then I spotted one of those scarf/necklace things, sort of chiffon but with metal things on, which was reduced to half price and would look great worn with a black top. Then I noticed some knickers that looked as if they would be comfy but stylish (one lives in hope!)

I drove home feeling quite guilty.

MiniMouse Sat 05-Sep-15 12:12:21

Are you sure that you should be allowed out unaccompanied? wink grin Mind you, you resisted buying matching shoes .......... grin

ninathenana Sat 05-Sep-15 12:33:13

Shhh, don't put ideas in her head grin

phoenix put the car keys down now !

kittylester Sat 05-Sep-15 12:59:52

Love it phoenix. My DH would call that Mrs Gambol logic! grin

loopylou Sat 05-Sep-15 13:34:52

Love it!
Similar totally innocent frolics to be known as 'Doing a Phoenix ' in future grin
Good to know I have someone to blame now!

Charleygirl Sat 05-Sep-15 13:36:23

OMG phoenix I totally agree with MiniMouse you should not be allowed out alone. That was very expensive nail varnish. maybe you could dye your hair to match!!!

Anne58 Sat 05-Sep-15 17:08:34

Iñ my defence, I realised that 2 of the jumpers that I still trot out each winter were bought before I met Mr P in 2001shock

Gagagran Sat 05-Sep-15 17:13:14

But phoenix - you're worth it. (Think I Saw that on a TV ad didn't I? hmm!) covers a multitude of sins. grin

Lona Sat 05-Sep-15 17:22:00

Honestly phoenix what's the point of working your fingers to the bone if you can't buy nail polish to match?!
Didn't they have any earrings? If not, go back next week!
wink

Anne58 Sat 05-Sep-15 20:02:27

Oh heavens, my earring collection is enormous, but I haven't worn any for ages! blush

Question, have I "let myself go" by giving up eye makeup (I can't see well enough to put on eyeliner) or am I liberating myself from the hassle of putting it on and then having to take it off again?

Deedaa Sat 05-Sep-15 21:09:56

Sounds like my sort of shopping phoenix I hope you won't be losing the knickers - perhaps avoid train travel? grin

NanKate Sat 05-Sep-15 21:43:44

Answer to Phoenix's question.

Yes IMO you should continue with the eye makeup, forget about the eyeliner, choose a nice eyeshadow and mascara and make sure you shape and colour your eyebrows. A dab of rouge and a pretty lipstick. You will be a wow and not look as if you have given up on a making the best of your face smile

Anne58 Sun 06-Sep-15 10:38:39

You're probably right Nankate , except about the eyebrows. I get them done when I get my hair done, but I don't need to colour them!

NanKate Sun 06-Sep-15 10:43:14

Clearly Phoenix you don't have sparse eyebrows like me which I have to fill in with grey/brown eyeshadow.

Charleygirl Sun 06-Sep-15 10:49:20

NanKate I have 2 hedges which need trimming regularly!

Anne58 Sun 06-Sep-15 11:07:12

grin

ninathenana Sun 06-Sep-15 12:20:36

Eyebrows what are they ? Mine disappeared years ago sad

Deedaa Sun 06-Sep-15 20:44:51

Do you wear glasses phoenix ? Someone told me that if you wear glasses you should put a line along your bottom lid and it will give all the definition you need. I have found it works very well for me.

NanKate Sun 06-Sep-15 20:52:06

Well Charleygirl I will send round Mellors from Lady C to trim them for you.

On second thoughts he is a gamekeeper so may only want to rifle through your larder for poached birds. grin

MiniMouse Sun 06-Sep-15 20:58:37

NanK Was that a euphemism? blush blush blush

NanKate Sun 06-Sep-15 21:02:44

I am totally innocent mini. Now I must dash to see the first episode of Lady C, purely for review purposes you understand. hmm

rosesarered Sun 06-Sep-15 22:26:33

Tut tut Phoenix, no wonder there is no money left for new staircarpet, you naughty thing!grin