Gransnet forums

Style & beauty

Nicole Lewis - clothes online

(55 Posts)
TriciaF Thu 11-Feb-16 17:12:53

Has anyone bought clothes from this comany?
www.nicolelewis.co.uk/catalogue/trousers/
A lot of their things look very "nunty" but I need some trousers and they seem ok. And not expensive.
The choice of clothes where we live isn't good and also not cheap, so I tend to shop online.

elena Thu 11-Feb-16 17:52:11

Not sure what 'nunty' means, but if it means frumpy then I am afraid this describes these clothes sad

Who wants to wear stuff like this:

www.nicolelewis.co.uk/catalogue/dresses/longsleevedresses/

I think my 91-year-old mother would turn up her nose smile

I am always on the look out for good stuff on line,but this is not it!

Having said that, they are definitely cheap.

elena Thu 11-Feb-16 17:57:12

Hmmmmm - hope no one is offended by my opinion sad

Tricia - it did not even answer your question, sorry!

Have you tried

www.very.co.uk/? I have found it quite good.

sherish Thu 11-Feb-16 17:57:59

Definitely a no from me. I think the trousers could be a cheap looking fabric.

Charleygirl Thu 11-Feb-16 18:10:06

I have looked at the trousers, tops, and dresses. I do not want to offend anybody but they look awful. My gran, dead 50 years wore better pinnies in the kitchen.

Jalima Thu 11-Feb-16 18:24:52

Nunty def: pathetic and unfashionable, describes a person with no taste in clothes, or no money to buy some decent gear. you're a right scruff you nunty

Indinana Thu 11-Feb-16 18:25:55

No offence from me either, but seriously that's probably the worst online clothing store I've ever seen. Truly dreadful stuff that I wouldn't be seen dead in shock

hildajenniJ Thu 11-Feb-16 18:34:30

Those dresses are the sort my late MiL wore! They were old fashioned then!?

hildajenniJ Thu 11-Feb-16 18:41:28

If you want reasonably priced trousers, have a look at the matalan on-line site. You can even click and collect.

Ana Thu 11-Feb-16 18:47:18

'high quality clothing for mature and elderly women'...?

They're awful, awful, awful - and those trousers...hmm

Indinana Thu 11-Feb-16 18:48:50

Have a look also at George clothing at Asda. They have some very reasonable priced trousers. OK, a lot of them are leggings/jeggings (and oh God, I see there are even 'treggings' now confused) which you might not want, but have a scroll through - I'm sure you'll find something there. And like Matalan you can do click and collect if you have an Asda near to you.

annsixty Thu 11-Feb-16 19:11:55

As ana said they are advertised for elderly ladies and we don't know any of those do we. They are dire aren't they?

tinaf1 Thu 11-Feb-16 19:28:30

Have you tried Bon Marche website they have wide range and are reasonably priced

Jalima Thu 11-Feb-16 20:06:52

I was trying to remember the name Bon Marche on another thread - they used to be old-fashioned but now have some quite nice stuff, I bought some jeans and a very nice long black cardigan from there.

annodomini Thu 11-Feb-16 20:35:37

No disagreement here. Those dresses looked like the ones my granny used to buy by mail order and she died 45 years ago. I think that clothing range should also be given a peaceful burial. Also agree that Bon Marché has decent design and their clothes are good value though I'd rather go to the shop and look at them than buy on line. I have several pairs of their cotton crops which are great for holidays. I intend to have a look at their jeans though my sister tells me I'm too old for them. And that's my younger sister. hmm

petra Thu 11-Feb-16 20:41:33

I've just got it. It's a joke, isn't it ?
You've stumbled across this site and thought you'd see what the reaction is.
I'm right, arnt I ?

jinglbellsfrocks Thu 11-Feb-16 20:44:11

Oh those dresses are so retro! I want one. I want to be my granny.

I think they would look very elegant, worn with high heels. And there's the rub. sad]

jinglbellsfrocks Thu 11-Feb-16 20:45:03

[

yes I know it's too late

Jalima Thu 11-Feb-16 23:28:30

We don't know what will be suitable when we're old(er) and need help because we're unable to dress ourselves properly and need more than one change of trousers a day (I am not joking or being flip), so this catalogue is worth bearing in mind for then.
But I don't want to think about it until I have to.

Charleygirl Fri 12-Feb-16 10:05:26

Jalima I would not be seen dead in anything in that catalogue- they are horrendous.

trisher Fri 12-Feb-16 10:23:48

Someone must be buying them-but who? Are there ladies living in a time-warp somewhere?

jinglbellsfrocks Fri 12-Feb-16 10:59:42

I might get this one It's soo pretty. Quite 'lavender and old lace'. I will dig out my old petticoats. I will 'embrace age'. smile

jinglbellsfrocks Fri 12-Feb-16 11:00:20

It's only twentytwo quid!

trisher Fri 12-Feb-16 11:18:26

Am I mistaken or do some of the short sleeve dressed look like something Kirstie Allsop might wear????

TriciaF Fri 12-Feb-16 12:13:59

grin +++!
No it wasn't a joke Petra - I had typed in "trousers for older ladies" and this was top of the list on Google. Everything seemed so cheap.
Their clothes are depressing, except the trousers, I can't wear jeans, especially the tight stretchy ones you get nowadays. I have some flared trousers which are in fashion at the moment, but I want some straight ones to go with my posh new leather jacket. Brown.
Thanks for the suggestions for other websites.
Imagine I wore one of those dresses with the sparklies with a trendy leather jacket grin.