Gransnet forums

Style & beauty

Enlarged pores on face!

(6 Posts)
Linsco56 Sun 01-May-16 12:01:31

During the last couple of years I have noticed that the pores on my face, especially chin and upper lip have become really, really enlarged. I've tried exfoliating, face packs, splashing face with cold water but nothing seems to help. Do you think it's time for a chemical peel? Has anyone else tried this?

Teetime Sun 01-May-16 12:31:53

I personally wouldn't have a peel but it depends on your skin type and preference. What I would do is go to a good beauty salon for a consultation and then see.

Alea Mon 02-May-16 08:41:25

A chemical peel is very drastic and actually damages your skin, do you really want to do that?
It can be one of things that "just happens" as we age. How old are you Linsco?

f77ms Mon 02-May-16 08:52:40

I would never have a chemical peel , from watching on Tv it seems it burns the top layer off . I think as we age we have to be more gentle with our skin , try Teetimes idea of going to a Beauty salon before deciding on drastic measures . I have enlarged pores. blotches , broken veins etc , I hate my skin ! I have bought some decent primer and foundation ( Clinique) which makes me look half decent , maybe you coudl also try finding a foundation with good coverage .

baw53 Mon 02-May-16 09:31:51

No idea what helps to reduce pores but I find a good Primer is a must under foundation to hide them. I use Smashbox and it really makes a difference, my foundation always looked pitted before .

Linsco56 Mon 02-May-16 12:02:51

Alea, I'm 60 and my skin looked fine until recently. I think I will visit a Beauty Salon for a consultation as others have suggested as I am a bit nervous even contemplating a chemical peel. I already use L'Oreal Primer under my foundation and it helps a bit but would rather not have to wear foundation in the summer...basically I wan't my skin to look the way it did when I was 30 (know that's never going to happen) grin