Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

Holiday of my lifetime - [sunshine]

(8 Posts)
papaoscar Tue 21-Oct-14 17:03:06

A very good paddle in holiday nostalgia with Len from Strictly and a celeb. Dave Myers and Esther Rantzen so far. On daily on BBC1 at 1545. Good cheerfull stuff full of memories. Len does it very well, but what do you think?

Grannyknot Tue 21-Oct-14 22:04:14

papa I wanted to watch this and missed it. I'll check it out! smile

merlotgran Tue 21-Oct-14 22:29:05

It is good cheerful stuff but I wonder why they chose Esther Rantzen to appear as she was only six when she had a holiday on the Isle of Wight and couldn't really remember much about it.

I wonder if they pick the celebs first or pick the locations and then send a letter out, 'Anyone been here?' grin

papaoscar Tue 21-Oct-14 22:52:52

I agree mg, but tend to regard the celebs involvement as so much wall-paper on these programmes, just a virtual paper bag to contain the holiday memories, which I have enjoyed so far.

KatyK Wed 22-Oct-14 10:09:28

I loved the Dave Myers one but not the Esther one so much.

shysal Thu 23-Oct-14 09:00:21

I recorded and watched it for the first time yesterday, as it was filmed in Oxford, my home city. I thought it was too much about the celebrity and not enough of the location, but that may be because I am not interested in cricket!

merlotgran Thu 23-Oct-14 10:36:20

I agree, shysal. I was disappointed with the Esther Rantzen one on the Isle of Wight for the same reason.

papaoscar Fri 24-Oct-14 13:44:23

Saw Ainslie Harriott in Blackpool and Chris Hollins in Oxford. Not bad, old Len still very cheerful.