Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

Spiral

(9 Posts)
marshmarigold132 Sun 25-Jan-15 12:08:03

Just wondered if anyone else watches the French series Spiral?

Stansgran Sun 25-Jan-15 12:44:04

Loving it. Adore Roban but he seems to have lost the plot this time. And his nose bleeds worry me. And I adore the relationship between Lauren and Gilou.

HildaW Sun 25-Jan-15 13:03:10

My husband adores this.....I tend to leave him to it though....just a little to gritty for me. Also I find that subtitles mean I cannot sit and 'do' something whilst watching. (lor I'm turning into a proper Granny!)

TerriBull Sun 25-Jan-15 16:21:45

Really enjoying it, kind of dark like some of the Scandi dramas, but with a language that is more familiar, such a joy to pick out a few phrases, still think French is a beautiful language in spite of not enjoying French language lessons very much at school.

Only watched one episode of previous series and it didn't grab us, so didn't persevere, wish we had now as we might know a little bit about Laure's previous relationships, particularly dead lover. Strangely we seem to be on series 5, so I'm guessing the first 3 weren't shown in the UK.

Mishap Sun 25-Jan-15 16:30:36

We both love it - a Saturday night treat for us. I too love catching French phrases from my A level memories.

vegasmags Sun 25-Jan-15 16:45:47

I also am a big fan of Spiral, which is a firm favourite with my French class. Of course there's so much slang that it's difficult to catch - like watching The Wire to try to improve your English!

Marelli Sun 25-Jan-15 19:54:07

Love Spiral!

Eloethan Mon 26-Jan-15 00:41:38

I didn't see the previous series but I'm really enjoying it.

marshmarigold132 Mon 26-Jan-15 16:30:35

What did you think of Saturday night's episode, I didn't see that coming.