Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

Strictly fans

(92 Posts)
Nannylovesshopping Tue 23-Aug-16 10:58:31

I love love love this show, perks up autumnal Saturday evenings a treat! New line-up now announced, what do you fellow fans all think of them?

cornergran Mon 05-Sep-16 22:37:23

Guess the men don't really have an option - image is all!

annodomini Mon 05-Sep-16 22:30:00

What's sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander!

Lona Mon 05-Sep-16 22:16:34

anno I think quite a lot of men on tv dye their hair now, along with the spray tans, waxing etc! hmm

Deedaa Mon 05-Sep-16 21:43:42

I did like the Newzoids Claudia Pittcity

DD and I were wondering where they were going to find a partner small enough for Claudia Fragapane, but hers doesn't seem too tall. Also looks very young himself so they might make a good pair.

annodomini Mon 05-Sep-16 17:49:11

Lona, I noticed the difference in Anton's hair. I'm sure he has had it dyed.

DanniRae Mon 05-Sep-16 17:17:26

Yes numberplease I saw Kevin and Karen on Mr and Mrs - they came over as really in love with one another and great fun

Pittcity Mon 05-Sep-16 08:27:59

Claudia was on Room 101 saying that she'd put foreheads in as she hates them, so no fringe trim for her.
Newzoids got them just right!

Charleygirl Sun 04-Sep-16 22:24:40

Deedaa I think that she is and there is quite an age range this year-17-70 years. I also did not realise how small she is- with her height, weight and athleticism, her partner will be throwing her over his shoulders and doing all sorts of lifts in no time. She will be used to hard work and instruction so he is onto a winner.

Deedaa Sun 04-Sep-16 20:53:07

I have warmed to Claudia over the years but I still wish she'd get her fringe cut! I think Will Young could do well. I wonder if Claudia is too young?

numberplease Sun 04-Sep-16 20:51:12

Did anyone see Kevin and Karen on Mr. and Mrs last Wednesday?

DanniRae Sun 04-Sep-16 19:56:20

I think Kevin is really cute and don't mind what colour his hair is blush

Lona Sun 04-Sep-16 19:24:52

Did anyone notice Kevin's hair looked distinctly darker as well as Anton's?

Charleygirl Sun 04-Sep-16 19:07:24

number OMG, please no! I do not like Claudia but I can cope with her marginally better than Bruce- I could not stand the sight of him and have not been able to for many years. I turned down the sound when he came prancing on.

numberplease Sun 04-Sep-16 18:53:11

Claudia is the only part of Strictly that I don`t like, bring back Brucie!

Lona Sun 04-Sep-16 18:12:30

I love Claudia too, grin good job we're all different!

Jane10 Sun 04-Sep-16 17:54:31

She's the best bit for me! Such a refreshing change from gushy Zoe Ball

Mumsy Sun 04-Sep-16 17:35:46

Used to love watching it but am really put off by Claudia Winkerman! cant stand the woma! the corny jokes and ridiculous faces she pulls are a put off!

Charleygirl Sun 04-Sep-16 17:24:52

I knew the minute I saw the Birds of a Feather woman had agreed to take part in the show that she would be partnered with poor Anton. She probably can dance but she is no competition at 70 when there is a 17 year old gymnast taking part.

ginny Sun 04-Sep-16 17:19:03

Love watching the dances and seeing the costumes. We always record the sow and watch later as we can't stand all the silly in between bits.

Charleygirl Sun 04-Sep-16 15:50:22

Strictly is not back for another 3 weeks as they have to learn their dance moves.

NotTooOld Sun 04-Sep-16 15:38:55

Charleygirl - I think I read that Anton is 49, so he's doing well but I agree about his hair.

NotTooOld Sun 04-Sep-16 15:37:50

I had to keep looking away last night as I hate all the false excitement about who's paired with who. I'm looking forward to next week, when they get on with the actual dancing (I hope) and skip all the silly messing about. I also hate seeing the judges dance as they all look so self conscious (even Darcy) and are embarrassing.

Ed Balls is brave to give it a go but he doesn't look promising in the slightest. Lesley whatsit is game and should last a few weeks. I think either the gymnast or Daisy Lowe will win, or possibly the one with short dark hair beginning with N.

Charleygirl Sun 04-Sep-16 12:54:17

I agree re Anton's hair. I thought that it was an odd colour last year!

POGS Sun 04-Sep-16 12:32:57

I thought they all looked like they had a great time and there certainly appears to be a handful of funny people which should keep it entertaining.

Ed did look like the 'stiffest' competitor but early days.

I originally thought I would prefer to have more celebrities I knew of but actually I am interested to follow the ones I don't know so well perhaps a tad more as they look like they have good sense of humours.

Jane10 Sun 04-Sep-16 12:25:06

Is she the one that looks like the new Ola?
Anton's hair is a suspicious colour btw...