Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

Archers Addicts 5 !!!!!

(910 Posts)
phoenix Sat 24-Sep-16 16:44:21

So, as the trial has been and gone, we are all glad that Helen won, and Rob had his true self revealed, will the rift 'tween Adam & Ian be healed?

Whose jam will be judged to be the best? Will Joe approach his final rest?

Will Grange Farm rent be paid on time?

Can I be arsed inspired to write more drivel rhyme?

Away we go!

merlotgran Sun 29-Oct-17 13:12:29

Here's a link to the new thread started by Luckygirl

www.gransnet.com/forums/tv_radio_film_arts/a1241862-The-Archers?msgid=26447050#26447050

chelseababy Sun 29-Oct-17 12:54:08

Here's the old thread.....

merlotgran Fri 27-Oct-17 23:45:48

Oh, you've already said that.....Time for bed. grin

merlotgran Fri 27-Oct-17 23:43:48

And tux??

Whatever happened to dinner jacket?

MawBroon Fri 27-Oct-17 23:40:34

Just one (more) nit picking point from me. Surely a traditional rural vet like Alastair would not talk about “renting a tux” but “hiring a DJ”?
That really grated. You rent property, you hire movable items like dinner jackets, morning dress, cars and glasses for a garden party!

AyjayF Fri 27-Oct-17 23:18:24

Please stop whining, Shula!

merlotgran Wed 25-Oct-17 20:13:22

Did I hear right? Adam was aghast that Matt knew about the surrogacy?

The whole village knows about it. hmm

phoenix Wed 25-Oct-17 19:55:19

Ahem, I might be wrong, but I think Shula was against Alan the Vicar marrying (senile moment, can't remember her name, solictor, legal sort, not prostitute)

Ah! Usha!

Nelliemoser Wed 25-Oct-17 19:34:56

Well Adam has opened his mouth and put his foot right in it yet again.
How might they get out of that one?.
Get Adam and Ian to bury Matt deep in a field at the dead of night?
Any other suggestions?

Iam64 Sat 21-Oct-17 18:55:57

I haven't heard the Roberta bit but, a word of support for Shula. She'd never be on my best pals list but I've always felt she suffers from rather excessive criticism. She's never been a saint but she's tried hard to cause no harm and to Be Good, without always succeeding.
She has not had the easiest life. I always wonder how different her life could have been if she'd stayed with naughty Nigel. she'd have had a lot more fun and perhaps just perhaps , she'd have been very cross and not allowed David and Nigel up on the roof all those New Years eve's ago so I could still enjoy Nigel (still miss him, I'm like Elizabeth in that way - smile )

Scribbles Sat 21-Oct-17 17:38:11

I'm longing for the vengeful Roberta to hit St Shula with a claim for unfair dismissal and to see it succeed!

shysal Sat 21-Oct-17 17:13:54

Don't forget that Shula had a fling with Doc Locke when Daniel was ill, so not always the saint! smile

Nelliemoser Sat 21-Oct-17 17:03:35

I have not been on here for a while. It seems Nolitando is just like her mum.

Elrel I am also still wondering about Dr Locke recognising Rob Titchner.
That little script seemed to me to be a hint about something but was never developed. I wonder if it could be a script "sleeper" to be "resuscitated" in future years if they can't find a better story.

Now the idea of Noli thowing herself at Freddie Pargetter is interesting. I think Freddie would be scared witless by her.
I don't want Lilian to go she does liven the place up.
What I like about the scripts is that most of the families have a member who is something of a family black sheep or at least at least have had their wilder moments.

Except the sainted Shula. I cannot help thinking I would like to see the smug sainted Shula get her comeuppance at the hunt ball, Maybe there is more business trouble. Am I a really that bad a person? wink

merlotgran Sat 21-Oct-17 15:57:26

The trust selling it I mean.

Told you I was confused grin

merlotgran Sat 21-Oct-17 15:55:36

I'm still scratching my head over who owns the Dower House ATM. When Justin got fed up with being banished to the spare room he said he was going to sleep in HIS bed in HIS house but didn't Matt say he was dawdling over the purchase from the trust?

confused

AyjayF Sat 21-Oct-17 15:40:25

Would love Matt + Lilian together. A dream team!
Sadly that would mean them both leaving Ambridge so I hope she stays even if it is with the dull ( + possibly dodgy Justin)

eGJ Sat 21-Oct-17 15:21:16

Only just heard yesterday’s. No Lilian don’t do it! Next week’s Radio Times is enigmatic but it looks like Adam is on the case! When will crooked Matt be finally sent back to South America. Perhaps the new editor will get everything back on a familiar even keel once more!

Elrel Mon 09-Oct-17 16:11:52

The scene with 'caring Kate' railroading Brian into letting Nolitando stay longer was hilarious. I wonder whether she has actually convinced herself that Lucas's 'neglect' is responsible for N skipping school to go drinking. She didn't take on a word L was saying until he mentioned divorce!

Iam64 Mon 09-Oct-17 08:53:57

He's continuing his quest to seduce Lilian back into a relationship with him.
What is Justin up to? Lilian is right to suspect an ulterior motive for him including her business in his. Is it something to do with the financial settlement for Miranda, or is his business in trouble.
Whatever it is, Lilian will talk with Matt, who will convince her that her fears Justin is up to something are right. She definitely still fancies him and I suspect is finding being the next Mrs Justin daunting. She enjoyed being a mistress to Justin but the reality is hitting home. Matt is more exciting to her.

Luckygirl Mon 09-Oct-17 08:48:02

Matt is definitely making a play for Lilian - or is he just enjoying stirring it up? He is a crafty fellow

NfkDumpling Mon 09-Oct-17 07:54:24

Could Lilian be looking to retire? Maybe she'll 'elope' with Matt to a hot island somewhere for a new life away from the Archers.

Iam64 Fri 06-Oct-17 21:21:43

phoenix, your suggestion was one of my first thoughts when the loader was stolen.

Kate is a riot isn't she, the moral high ground is her favourite place. I suspect Nolitando will cause her as much grief as Kate caused her own mother. I do hope she doesn't seduce Johnny, he needs a pleasant young woman on the farming/beauty therapy/early years course as his college. Someone who isn't complex, rather like himself. Freddie would be putty in Nolitando's hands wouldn't he. As for Lilian and Justin. As ye reap, so shall ye sow (or would that be sew). Poor Lilian, I'm sure something dreadful is about to happen to her again - and again, of her own making.

It seems that things are brightening up in Ambridge.

Elrel Fri 06-Oct-17 19:09:24

Nolitando isn't going to use her teenage charms on Johnny is she? Freddie the Heir of the Pargeters? I forecast tangles and tears for years!

Elrel Thu 05-Oct-17 19:26:04

It used to be my ambition to be an Archers SW!

merlotgran Thu 05-Oct-17 19:25:18

If Justin shafts Lilian over the Dower House will she be wanting her old room back? grin