Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

Strictly

(894 Posts)
whitewave Sat 01-Oct-16 18:59:26

It isn't something I usually comment on but

Leslie Joseph is 71 in two weeks time!!!!!!!

Deedaa Sun 18-Dec-16 21:39:20

I thought it was a great result, but so hard to choose between the three of them. I liked the fact that they only had three in the final. I've never liked it when the fourth couple are knocked out before they've even had a chance to do all the dances they've prepared.

Moocow Sun 18-Dec-16 18:41:48

Well said ginny

ginny Sun 18-Dec-16 15:40:56

Perfect result.

Judthepud2 Sun 18-Dec-16 11:07:50

I think Ore was the best dancer last night and fully deserved to win. He really raised his game and looked so at ease with every dance. They were all brilliant though. So enjoyed that final last night.

Now who will be Lord Sugar's apprentice tonight?

Gagagran Sun 18-Dec-16 09:41:03

I watched with DD - and we both agreed it was an excellent finale. I think Ore had the best dances - poor Louise with that chachacha in her leotard which did her no favours. I wasn't keen on her show dance either.

I think Danny's show dance was amazing but too like his samba. They should have done a different favourite dance. For me Danny was the best dancer of the series. Not keen on Ore who I found too emotional and a bit gushing.He has had some dance experience too - there is video evidence!

Lona Sun 18-Dec-16 09:30:54

I think Danny, although a great dancer, was just trying far too hard. He seemed desperate to me.
I must say that Oti has the most incredibly long legs, almost as long as Barbie!
Well done to them all.

DanniRae Sun 18-Dec-16 09:19:21

I watched the Strictly final last night but had a chatty daughter here too so watched again this morning. And just wanted to say that I think Ore and Joanne's Show Dance was a-maz-ing, as Craig would say.

Once again: WELL DONE ORE AND JOANNE!!!!!

PRINTMISS Sun 18-Dec-16 09:16:45

I think Ore won because he 'told the story' as he was dancing. This is something Danny never seemed to achieve although he was always a good dancer. I think Louise was just enjoying being there and learning to dance well. Made a pleasant evenings viewing had enough now though, thank you.

Luckylegs9 Sun 18-Dec-16 08:07:32

IT was the best Strictly of the lot. They were all fantastic. Danny was consistently the best dancer and I would only choose if it was on the dancing, whether they had experience or not. That routine of Singing in the Rain by Ore and Joanne did it for me, perfect. How is Ore going to cope without Joanne?

Swanny Sun 18-Dec-16 00:16:51

Just watched on catch-up as I was babysitting earlier. I'm so pleased Ore and Joanne won. I don't particularly like her but her choreography was excellent and his interpretation of it was spot on. Danny was very good but I think the fact of his previous dancing experience lost him the title.

I would love to see an end-of-season session of It Takes Two for the final couples to discuss where they won or lost.

callgirl1 Sun 18-Dec-16 00:06:17

Very pleased with the result, Ore is the only one out of the three with absolutely no previous dance experience, so he did very well to get to the standard he`s at.

cornergran Sat 17-Dec-16 23:09:06

Enjoyed the programme on catch-up, so no chance to vote, and pleased with the outcome. He seems a nice man and it was a well deserved win.

Jalima Sat 17-Dec-16 23:00:30

I'm glad that the judges and the public were in agreement for once!

Welshwife Sat 17-Dec-16 22:37:26

Ore only lost one point over the three dances Twice so Danny was far from robbed as you put it - he was about three points behind - Ore had two perfect scores and 39. I think they all had two perfect scores so it really was the first dance which was the breaker.

DaphneBroon Sat 17-Dec-16 22:24:39

You were allocated six votes in the final if you voted online granjura and three votes in each of the previous rounds., so rien d'extraordinaire!

Charleygirl Sat 17-Dec-16 22:20:40

I would be inclined not to switch on if I heard that Bruce was appearing as I cannot stand the sight of him but I believe as said he is too frail.

Antonia Sat 17-Dec-16 22:17:40

Yes! The right result. It was always ( for me) going to be between the two boys. Louise seems a lovely girl and dances well but I don't think she matches either Ore or Danny. Looking forward to seeing who will replace Len. I saw the trailer for the Christmas show and was a bit disappointed that Brucie doesn't appear. Just a teeny cameo appearance would be good but I expect he is too frail now even for that.

TwiceAsNice Sat 17-Dec-16 22:16:46

I like Ore but Danny was robbed tonight 2 perfect scores he was outstanding I was so disappointed for him

granjura Sat 17-Dec-16 22:06:13

They were all fab-u-lous- but Ore for us all the way too.

LOL you really made me smile about some of you voting .... SIX times. How cute is that- but so well deserved.

hulahoop Sat 17-Dec-16 22:04:51

It was 6 from me too best dancer tonight won ?

Lona Sat 17-Dec-16 21:55:58

Haha, Len!!!!

Lona Sat 17-Dec-16 21:55:27

Yes, the right result!
Lovely tributes for Lent too โ˜บ

Charleygirl Sat 17-Dec-16 21:52:23

It would appear to be so- he deserved it.

Pittcity Sat 17-Dec-16 21:13:45

I voted 6 times for Ore too....did GN win it for him?

Jane10 Sat 17-Dec-16 21:12:17

Hope the BBC get the message about the public wanting to see complete beginners next year.