Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

One Love - Bob Marley

(6 Posts)
Felix2007 Tue 05-Mar-24 17:28:02

Did anyone else have trouble understanding what they were talking about in this film? I'm 79 and definitely would have liked subtitles, although I did manage to get the gist of it. I loved the film and I love Bob Marley's music. My daughter said she understood all of it, but she lives in London.

BlueBelle Tue 05-Mar-24 17:34:24

I ve spent most of my adult life around West Indians but yes I had a problem and was always a few words behind them I think they overdid it or maybe it was the sound system in the cinema I saw it in My daughter said it was fine too Felix

BlueBelle Tue 05-Mar-24 17:35:43

Or perhaps it is a slower ear with age ( I’m also 79)

Doodledog Tue 05-Mar-24 17:43:19

I saw it and understood (I don't live in London). I enjoyed it, but would have liked the scope of the film to have been wider and cover his early career.

TerriBull Tue 05-Mar-24 17:48:33

I remember getting a taxi from JFK Airport into Manhatten. Our driver was West Indian and he had to get some sort of information from his office whilst he was driving us, they didn't understand him, we did! Maybe it was living in London our ears were tuned in to that accent.

Love Bob Marley' music. I often need sub titles though these days, particularly for mumbling, quite frequently for some American accents, although possibly they don't understand us either!

joannapiano Tue 05-Mar-24 18:15:22

My 15 year old DGD saw it last week and really enjoyed it.