Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

Key To A Fortune Channel 4 today(like Heir Hunters)

(4 Posts)
Primrose53 Sun 24-Mar-24 20:45:49

This is a bit like the Heir Hunter programmes where people die. Without leaving a Will so tracing companies try and find a relative and, of course, claim their commission for doing so. The relative (s) then discover they are beneficiaries. Sometimes just smallish amounts and other times vast fortunes.

Really interesting today so have recorded all future progs.

Chestnut Mon 25-Mar-24 00:23:36

Sounds interesting so will record it. Thanks for the thumbs up.

I doubt I could be in line for anything as I've done my family history back to the 1700s on all families. There is no-one I can see who might have left me a 'surprise inheritance'. I have a few direct ancestors for whom I am the only descendant but they weren't wealthy.

Primrose53 Mon 25-Mar-24 09:41:51

Chestnut

Sounds interesting so will record it. Thanks for the thumbs up.

I doubt I could be in line for anything as I've done my family history back to the 1700s on all families. There is no-one I can see who might have left me a 'surprise inheritance'. I have a few direct ancestors for whom I am the only descendant but they weren't wealthy.

You never know! There used to be people on Heir Hunters who thought they had done their family trees but then found out they were due a large inheritance! Be lucky 🍀

Primrose53 Fri 19-Apr-24 22:34:56

Anybody else watching this?

two weeks ago they found two sisters who thought they were going to inherit a house and money totalling £1million. Then they searched for more relatives and they totalled 38. Obviously they could never get that number of people to agree on which way to proceed so they put the house on the market and they will all get a share.

This week they found a man and again, rather unfairly took him to the house and made it sound like he would inherit it then they found over 40 relatives so that’s going up for auction,

The female presenter keeps saying “come and look at the property that’s been left to you.” It hasn’t - it wasn’t left to anybody. That really bugs me.