Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

Miss Fishers Murder Mysteries

(10 Posts)
NanaandGrampy Tue 09-Feb-16 09:48:46

Is anyone else watching this programme?

I think its totally delightful . I love the relationships that have emerged as the series progressed and I think the costumes are stunning.

NanaandGrampy Tue 09-Feb-16 09:49:28

whoops missing apostrophe in title ....sorry to those for whom that matters smile

Teetime Tue 09-Feb-16 10:30:38

What channel please - I do love a murder mystery and haven't seen this one?

Greymary Tue 09-Feb-16 10:47:19

It is on Alibi (via Sky) for me.

I have been addicted since the first showing. Anyone else remember when Phryne rescued Dot and gave her a home?

The interior settings and the costumes are gorgeous. I do love the flapper style and fabrics and Phryne wears them well - I'm green with envy.

Thoroughly recommend the series.

Greymary Tue 09-Feb-16 10:50:37

Just add that it is set in 1920's Melbourne. (smile)

Katek Tue 09-Feb-16 10:59:03

I love this series as well-sometimes think I would like to have lived in the 1920s but then I remember the medical care available and a war to come. The costumes are simply beautiful as is Essie Davis. She so suits the style of the period.

annsixty Tue 09-Feb-16 11:00:45

One of my favourites but I do wish her and Jack would stop shilly shallying about.

NanaandGrampy Tue 09-Feb-16 11:05:24

Annsixty I've said that to DH ....a lot smile

Essie Davis is quite stunning in this period . I am quite hooked .

Jane10 Tue 09-Feb-16 15:43:38

Oh no! Sounds lovely but we don't have Sky. Och!

Tizliz Tue 09-Feb-16 15:58:14

I love this programme but do worry about how she dresses. I know it was the twenties but did they really go out dress to the nines all the time? Where does she get the time to do any detecting? I would be for ever half in or out a dress.

I think Alibi is showing them for the second time as I was watching it on Sky (I think) and it has finished for the moment.