Gransnet forums

Webchats

TIA

(6 Posts)
Lilypops Sat 23-Dec-23 09:20:48

I have recently had a TIA. It came completely out of the blue one evening , I went to A&E and was given all the right meds,
I just don’t feel right since. Hard to explain but I feel a bit spaced out. A bit vague and had a headache since , Also a bit apprehensive in case it happens again.
Anyone else had the same feelings after having one ?

nandad Sat 23-Dec-23 09:29:45

Please google the meds you are on and their side effects. Without meaning to be alarmist, MiL was put on medication following a tia that caused hallucinations, we were not warned about this and it caused great distress.
Hope you feel better soon.

MrsEggy Sat 23-Dec-23 09:43:42

I agree, I had a suspected TIA about 12 months ago, had a bag full of drugs to follow up, and had a lot of side effects, including, in my case, brain fog and upset stomach. Gradually dropped most of them and feel much better, I don't know if this was wise?

henetha Sat 23-Dec-23 09:59:21

I had a TIA about three years ago, resulting in the temporary loss of sight in one eye. I recovered ok but it took a few weeks until I felt normal. I've been taking Clopidogrel ever since.
I can't stop thinking about it though, wondering when the next one will strike confused

pascal30 Sat 23-Dec-23 10:28:18

henetha

I had a TIA about three years ago, resulting in the temporary loss of sight in one eye. I recovered ok but it took a few weeks until I felt normal. I've been taking Clopidogrel ever since.
I can't stop thinking about it though, wondering when the next one will strike confused

you could have written my post Henetha.. but I seem to be reasonably OK now

henetha Sat 23-Dec-23 10:49:19

I'm glad you are ok, pascal30. I seem to be too, but have had a lot of stress lately and can't help wondering.....
Happy Christmas anyway.... smile