Gransnet forums

AIBU

Cut out of their lives

(1201 Posts)
Nanban Mon 01-Aug-11 13:54:48

I would like a day ….

I would like a day when waking up isn’t realizing it’s another day I haven’t talked to my son.

I would like a day not waking up to tears.

I would like a day when I’m not missing Harry doing something new.

I would like a purely happy day.

I would like a day when we don’t wonder when it will all end.

I would like a day when we don’t wonder how it will all end.

I would like a day looking forward to seeing my boy, touching him.

I would like a day when his wife calls for a chat.

I would like a day when we share time with Harry in our home.

I would like a day just like every other grandmother.

I would like a day when I don’t miss my son.

I would like a day looking forward to tomorrow.

I would like a day that doesn’t end in tears.

I would like any day but today.

Grannyeggs Wed 10-Jul-13 17:46:14

flowers all of you. My heart goes out to you all .

Nanban Fri 12-Jul-13 21:24:42

I can't give any great details dear gransnetters BUT we have had the miracle that we longed for - we have seen our little grandchildren - we have been travelling for 2 days - one there, and one back - but actually visited with them all for another 2 days. So wonderful. We have had to leave and are no further forward with a phone number, address etc - I can't explain more - and left without long drawn out goodbyes to the children after a sleepless, full of tears night. It now all seems very unreal but we now have some precious memories should nothing else come of it.

Your prayers, good wishes, and fingers crossed - I felt that wave of kindness and caring all the time and I am so very thankful to you all. Exhausted now in every way.

whenim64 Fri 12-Jul-13 21:37:50

Oh my goodness!!!! That's amazing!! I'm delghted for you. When we didn't hear anything I started to wonder if things hadn't gone as well as we hoped. You must be walking on air!!! smile

glassortwo Fri 12-Jul-13 21:39:31

* nanban* How fantastic for you to get to see your Grandchildren, you sound worn out, take care flowers

Gorki Fri 12-Jul-13 21:41:17

Lovely news Nanban. Really pleased you managed to see your grandchildren. Best wishes for the future .flowers

Ariadne Fri 12-Jul-13 22:14:24

Nanban I couldn't be more delighted for you! Hold on to those memories. flowers xxx

annodomini Fri 12-Jul-13 23:25:04

Nanban flowers

Bags Sat 13-Jul-13 05:57:40

nanban, tears in my eyes as I read your post. I'm so pleased for you. Treasure that trip with all your soul flowers

Butty Sat 13-Jul-13 08:08:10

Nanban I am absolutely delighted for you. Lovely news and so special. Wishing you more visits in the future. flowers

Marelli Sat 13-Jul-13 09:14:12

Oh Nanban - this is wonderful! I've been wondering how things were going and hoping for good news. I'm so very pleased for you. Progress at last. xx

whenim64 Sat 13-Jul-13 09:44:08

It's another step forward, isn't it? And now the grandchildren know you're still around for them. I hope that's comforting for them and for you smile

Nanban Sat 13-Jul-13 10:29:27

Mental HUGE hug to you all, you are a lovely lot. We must now tread very, very gently and hope. How I wish we could talk! xxxx

whenim64 Sat 13-Jul-13 10:32:34

'Nuff said, Nanban! wink

Minty Sat 13-Jul-13 12:57:11

Small steps, so pleased for you.
Hang on to those memories they are entrenched in your heart,no-one can take them away.
Hoorah!

grannyactivist Sat 13-Jul-13 13:12:36

Nanban your situation brings encouragement for those of us going through something similar and I'm so, so thrilled for you. sunshine
My grandson had a birthday last week, so as usual I sent a gift to the third party address I have and today I received a 'thank you card'. In a few days my youngest granddaughter will have her sixth birthday and I have never seen or met her. I will again send a gift and get a card in return. Very occasionally I've received a paper photocopy of a photograph, but not for some time now; never a letter or any information about how they're doing. I am often questioned about why I keep on sending birthday/Christmas gifts, but I can only say that they ARE my grandchildren and this separation is not of their doing. I sent a chatty, informative letter a few years back, in with a birthday card to my eldest granddaughter who I'm sure will still remember me (she's 15), and stopped receiving 'thank you' cards that year. So now I just send a card and gift, but always put my address on and I remain on Facebook so that I can be 'found' in the future.

whenim64 Sat 13-Jul-13 13:23:50

ga flowers

Nanban Sat 13-Jul-13 14:05:45

Grannyactivist, and everyone who stands in our shoes - tread softly, but keep treading and love and persistence must surely pay off. We are not at the 'end' yet, maybe never, but give up? no, our hearts must stop first.

Marelli Sat 13-Jul-13 15:52:08

ga, we must just keep trying, mustn't we? We can never give up. Hold them to your heart and in time they will come to you because they will be of an age to make their own minds up. flowers.

soop Sat 13-Jul-13 16:21:45

Nanban Your post brought a I had a lump in my throat. Every moment shared with the little ones, no matter how infrequent, is a huge bonus. I'm so pleased for you. Keep strong. Never give up. flowers

mrshat Sat 13-Jul-13 17:30:35

Delightful news Nanban flowers

Maniac Sat 13-Jul-13 19:26:28

That is such wonderful news Nanban.I am so happy for you.Love to hear about them if appropriate when you have come down to earth
Love and hugs
flowers

Otw10413 Sat 13-Jul-13 20:47:28

Nanban, I'm so pleased for you and your GC . They and you now have precious moments that no-one can take away; they will doubtless recognise what an asset you are in their lives and hopefully these moments can happen again. I'm so pleased for you . ABW!!

Yogagirl Sun 14-Jul-13 21:58:28

Well done NanbanflowersI'm very happy for you, you worked so hard to get there, it must have been truly wonderful to see your son and GC.
Its bitter sweet though really isn't it, as it shouldn't be snatched days, you should be part of their everyday lives, and as you say, how lovely it would be, to be able to phone and chat and find out how they are all doing, that's what I really miss, I used to speak on the phone every day to my daughter and granddaughter.sad

Otw10413 Wed 17-Jul-13 08:33:12

Dear Yogagirl,
You're so right; the enormous hole is the one left by the hours in every day when we once communicated with those we love ! I miss hearing my daughter and granddaughter's voice but have realised that the love I have for them allows me the strength to live on within the principles taught to me by my parents as I try to respect her wishes . She knows where I am if she needs me , I just dare not hope.
Love to all of you today x sunshine

Faye Wed 17-Jul-13 10:05:47

Great news Nanban I am so very pleased for you. Fingers crossed for more happy stories.

Yogagirl your SIL is the type whose lies will be very believable to some people, but they get found out eventually.

This discussion thread has reached a 1200 message limit, and so cannot accept new messages.
Start a new discussion