Gransnet forums

AIBU

library

(32 Posts)
janreb Thu 25-Aug-11 13:50:26

AIBU to expect a librarian to know how to spell midwife? I know some people struggle with words and I am the first to admit I struggle with numbers, but this woman left me speechless (and that is difficult). I had forgotten the name of the author of the Midwife's Confession and asked her if she could look it up as I wanted to see if they had any other books by the author. First of all she couldn't spell midwife and then told me in a very snooty way that the plural of midwife's is midwives - told her I know that but this was a confession made by the midwife so it is an apostrophe s. Anyway she couldn't find anything so I ended up coming home intending to look on the internet - of course I'd remembered it before I got home!

yogagran Sat 27-Aug-11 10:03:19

I know the feeling only too well glammanana - I often have to go back a few pages to refresh my memory!

em Sat 27-Aug-11 11:37:33

Yogagran thank you for that link. Was happily chugging through the compatibility test when I lost it somehow. Home page isn't allowing me back to the test and I'd love to complete it. Any advice?

yogagran Sat 27-Aug-11 20:58:44

Crikey em - I haven't done the compatibility test, didn't know that there was one, so I'm afraid I can't help! sad

em Sat 27-Aug-11 21:53:24

Was enjoying it - simply starts by asking which books you've read and how you rate them. Think it leads on to suggesting titles you might enjoy. Will try to get back to it and let you know when I find out more. Thanks again.

Hattie64 Sun 28-Aug-11 19:31:23

yogagran, I have just looked at the site, goodreads, and dread the list of worst books!!! I think I might join and list all the books I have read, I assume you can do that??? I do have a book that I write recommended books in, and order them from the library.

yogagran Sun 28-Aug-11 21:33:57

Hattie64 I only use Goodreads to keep track of books that I have read (otherwise I forget!), they do send quite an interesting email out occasionally which has some recommendations listed and quite a few of those have made it onto my "to read" list