Gransnet forums

AIBU

to ask for forgivness, for stealing my grandsons Haribo Horror Mix Sweets??

(32 Posts)
bikergran Fri 21-Oct-11 20:28:33

You know when you just HAVE TO HAVE !! some thing sweet! like a piece of cake or whatever...well I had already eaten the last slither of mint Areo, I then had a slice of brown bread.hmm but noo I needed sweets,, I could have gone to the shop.but then would have lost my parking space, so I wracked my brains till they popped and THEN!!! I remember daughter giving me a packet of Haribo and a packet of them milk bottle chews (I know not very healthy but grandson only has a few now n then)...so here I am shjklwjowkcke[q'qdjANC'A, (sorry got a mouthfull)!! shock of Haribo....so yes here I am eating grandsons sweets...its ok hese not here tomorrow so I will march down town first thing and replace them...and he will be none the wiser.grin
Haribo anyone??? grin

bikergran Tue 25-Oct-11 19:08:45

lol lol.........temptation... (think we need a devil icon ) grin I love icons! they can say such a lot!!

Libradi Tue 25-Oct-11 09:42:53

I'm not buying anymore until Halloween, I can't trust myself blush the best of it is I never buy sweets or chocolate for myself, I'm more of a savoury person it was sitting in the cupboard for a few weeks quite happily until I saw bikergran and gracesmum's post and it called out to me smile

bagitha Tue 25-Oct-11 06:51:41

In my desperate teens, I used to clear my mum's pantry of cooking chocolate frequently. My daughters did the same years later and DD3 (just eleven) is now trying to ration herself to a seventh part of a 400g bar of chocolate per day so that it lasts a week. I don't think it's the arithmatic that she finds difficult!

bikergran Mon 24-Oct-11 22:21:07

lol @ crimson

crimson Sun 23-Oct-11 22:47:23

I'll go for weeks, nay, months eating really healthy food and suddenly have to eat something trashy. Recently ate some ginger crunch biscuits my son had in his room. Went out to replace them the next day..coudn't get any anywhere. Every other kind of crunch biscuit, but not ginger ones. He forgave me, though.

GrannyTunnocks Sun 23-Oct-11 22:35:51

Good to hear that I am not the only one to eat the kids sweets. I bought a bag of mini chocolate bars for Halloween and just kept eating them. I keep dipping in to the kids sweetie box as well.

bikergran Sun 23-Oct-11 20:46:49

lol lol @ Libradi lol we knew you were hiding them and that we could tempt you to bring them out lol.....oh by the way I have been out and bought a new packet of Haribos...and I darnt open them as grandson will be here tomorrow hmm

Libradi Sun 23-Oct-11 13:58:35

bikergran and gracesmum do you realise what you made me do last night? I opened my bag of mini sized chocolate bars that was sitting in the cupboard ready for Halloween Trick or Treaters. I was fine until you reminded me that they were there shock I've either got to buy more now or like gracesmum ...Hide blush

glammanana Sun 23-Oct-11 11:06:43

We could always arrange a competition no problem there wink

Faye Sun 23-Oct-11 10:51:36

Yes, they are a good size for a quick bit of chocolate, but I buy a packet of twenty and I can easily eat four Freddos in four minutes. Is that a record for Gransnetters? hmm

glammanana Sun 23-Oct-11 10:35:41

freddos I luvvvvvvvvvvvv them

jinglej Sun 23-Oct-11 10:31:28

They are a very good size for a quick bit of choc. Unless you plough on and eat all four that you bought for them.

Faye Sun 23-Oct-11 09:35:01

Did someone mention Freddos. I love them soooo much I hardly leave any for my grandchildren. Then I have to go and buy some more and it all starts again. blush

bikergran Sun 23-Oct-11 08:46:33

ohhhhhhhh you have jst broke my dream!!!! I dreamt of Freddos!! no!\I really did I can see them now in a cardboard display box..purple /green box...ohhh I cant think which shop.. grrr.. ....oh how strange as I had been talking about them....hmm

bikergran Sun 23-Oct-11 08:45:03

lol @ glammanana

glammanana Sat 22-Oct-11 22:42:35

Morrisons have reduced all their trick or treat bags to £1.00 so guess who bought 5 this afternoon,there are now 4 left,must hide them and forget where I have put them or will be in trouble.wink

bikergran Sat 22-Oct-11 18:55:19

* gracesmum* ohhhhhhh that is fatal..... I think you will be going out to replentish your stocks before 9 days smile

gracesmum Sat 22-Oct-11 15:45:26

I have just bought a variety pack of mini sized bars, maltesers etc for Trick and Treaters - problem is can I resist them for a whole 9 days and will I have to switch the lights off and hide behind the sofa instead?

bikergran Sat 22-Oct-11 15:33:05

gracesmum lol ohhhhh nooooo nooooo....they were a giant packet lol..I would need a dozen of those tiny ones lol... oh sorry gals..I havnt been out as yet..but will keep eye out for the Freddos...and kayli....smile

glammanana Sat 22-Oct-11 13:01:28

When I buy my DGCs sweets I always get some Gummy Bears just for me and Jelly Babies can't help myself I feel hard done by if the DGCs find the Gummy Bears first.

gracesmum Sat 22-Oct-11 12:13:51

You could always justify your actions by saying that you are thinking of the little person's teeth? (Unlikely but true) Main thing is - apart from us, does anybody else know? If not, just buy some more! (And an extra packet for yourself)
Haribos are very hard to resist - were they the little packets? Moams likewise - in fact most childhood treats!

bikergran Sat 22-Oct-11 11:22:05

of course I mean "Freddos" dohhhhhhhh

bikergran Sat 22-Oct-11 11:19:57

lol not as yet Jacey I shall be donning my bike gear very soon and burning some rubber! lol and on my travels a shall keep a look out for "feddo bars" & "American cream soda kali..." slurppppp I used to hate them really hard dark spanish yuk!! my hubby (being of the age he is) said they used to put them in a bottle with water and leave to to congeal for a week .....blaaaaaaaaa makes my stomach churn just thinking of it..confused

Jacey Sat 22-Oct-11 10:13:46

been to the shops this morning bikergran? grin

numberplease Fri 21-Oct-11 21:28:47

Ooooh, American Cream Soda Kali, the pink one, I hope? Lovely with a stick of liquorice to dip! If you`ve got that, I`m on my way round!