Gransnet forums

AIBU

Anyone fancy a flight over "PENDLE HILL" tonight? Broomsticks at the ready!

(144 Posts)
bikergran Mon 31-Oct-11 16:07:25

I have a spare Black cat (Oh heck that sounds terrible) lol but I have asked both my cats if they would like to go for a little ride ! and they both said Mieow which is "yes" in cat language........I have promised them a treat later grin ...........sooooooo..... dust off your brooms, get your cauldron bubbling and let's go cast some witchy spells hee hee hee hee..... grin

bikergran Tue 01-Nov-11 14:53:35

oldgreymare wwait till Next Year..see what we have planned grin

bikergran Tue 01-Nov-11 14:51:25

oh! by the way! " has anyone seen my 2 black cats" ? I seem to have misslaid them! hmm

bikergran Tue 01-Nov-11 14:50:37

ahaaaaaaaaa glammanana any excuse to go "shopping" you wicked witch!! lol...

glammanana Tue 01-Nov-11 14:45:57

Thanks for a good night biker only just got back broomstick had problem's over the M62 and had to stop off at The Trafford Centre for a suped up model.smile

jingle Tue 01-Nov-11 13:52:43

I can still see it my mind's eye biker! It seemed very real! shock

Annobel Tue 01-Nov-11 13:50:44

Think you may need therapy, biker.grin Alternatively a good long bike ride to blow away the cobwebs.

bikergran Tue 01-Nov-11 13:24:27

grin
lol lo,the trouble is!!!!1 I have convinced myself that I REALLY DID!!!! go to Pendle Hill lat night to a party!!!!!!!!!! lol...I feel really good..lol like I have ahd a good night out with the gals!!! lol....ohhhhhhhhh what the imagination can do..lol LOL................brew [cake]

Cressida Tue 01-Nov-11 12:21:44

Gutted I missed the fun last night. It's a long time since I've been anywhere near Pendle Hill.

I was born in Colne but we lived in Barnoldswick until I was 10. My grandmother was born in Barley & I remember visiting relatives there & in Newchurch.

Annika Tue 01-Nov-11 11:42:20

Oh my head sad going to make a brew.
How are all you girls not too hung over I hope
When is our next girls night out Christmas is fast apporaching we must celebrate that. grin

Oldgreymare Tue 01-Nov-11 10:30:26

Really cheered me up!
Last year I sat ready for visits from witches, ghosts, hobgoblins etc. I'd lit candles and was wearing my super dooper M&S black and purple velvet witch's hat..... Nobody came.
This year they all came and I was unprepared so had to raid the Kit Kat box!
I should have left them to it a whizzed up to Pendle Hill!
P.S. I usually travel with a bat not a cat.... and he's giving me a reproachful look at the mo, as if to say...... Why not?hmm

Annobel Tue 01-Nov-11 09:51:46

Surreal.wink

jingle Tue 01-Nov-11 09:46:47

Great trip Biker and all!

Literary geniuses I reckon! grin

Annobel Tue 01-Nov-11 09:13:32

So it wasn't all a dream, then!

bikergran Tue 01-Nov-11 08:49:01

oh and thanks for the bail out"" grin

bikergran Tue 01-Nov-11 08:48:40

OHHHHH! my head........confused (you will see I lost my hat somewhere on the tirp last night sad

ooooooooh deary deary meeeeeeee. how are all you girls this morning..hope you all got home ok?

Ooooh I woke up in police cell.....shock hancuffed to ....? wait for it!!!!
one of MY Inflatable friends!!!!!!! shock!!
oooooooH I WAS sooooooooo glad to see him (yes he is a he)! I hugged him and squeezed him tight (not too tight is I could see he had been repaired a few times)! I asked him where he had been (but thats another story) smile

I was a bit blush when the officer cam to let us out of the cells...(well after what I did to him with my broom) blush

we made our way our (quietly)...and under cover... trotted off down to the bus station. trouble is I was still in my witch attire and they would not let us get on the bus..so I had to carry inflatable friend (must find out his name)!?
so yes had to carry him on my back...I did get a few stares as he had not a stitch on!!!! so eys as you can imagine...a garnny dressed as a witch, walking down the road with a naked infaltable friend strapped to her back!!! I think we would all take a second glance wouldnt we??

Well hope to se you all soom, oh! and thanks for feeding hubby through the letter box..!! there were crumbs alllllll over the place........

"HEY!!!! BUT WHAT!!!!!!!!! A NIGHT GIRLS EHHHHHH?????? ""

ROCK ON!!!!!!!! grin grin off for a few [brew brew brew now...cheears alll...c ya sooooooooooon x

bagitha Tue 01-Nov-11 06:26:30

Mornin' all! That was fun. biker's fine (well sprung!). You wait. She'll tell her own story in her own words grin.

Annobel Mon 31-Oct-11 23:42:41

Jacey - what did you do to grannyactivist's speech pattern? She seems to have turned into Yoda.

Annobel Mon 31-Oct-11 23:38:14

Magic, Jacey! grin

grannyactivist Mon 31-Oct-11 23:37:58

Oops sorry - I thought I'd logged on to Gransnet, but it seems I've slipped in to a parallel universe. grin

frogs box Mad as a of of lot the 'em.

Annika Mon 31-Oct-11 23:32:07

Well thats another Halloween almost over I'm going to gather up my broomstick and cat and make my way home but hang on has anyone seen my glasses, oh no they didn't fall off did they when I was I trying a few twists and turns on this new broomstick off mine, thats what you get for showing off I suppose !
..... If there is anyone still there can you tell me which way is home .... confused

Jacey Mon 31-Oct-11 23:28:06

It's OK Annobel ...that's the special 13th ingredient in my brew ...everyone will be safe tonight smile

Annobel Mon 31-Oct-11 23:23:32

Better get off now or I'll fall asleep on the broomstick. Halloween's nearly over. Has Bagitha gone to spring Biker? G'night girls.

Jacey Mon 31-Oct-11 23:03:06

Nooooooo!! smile

Annika Mon 31-Oct-11 23:02:47

Annoble I think you are right I am begining to regret that last bottle glass of wine.

Notsogrand Mon 31-Oct-11 22:59:36

Is the 13th ingredient a pinch of Resolve Jacey? wink