Gransnet forums

AIBU

Anyone fancy a flight over "PENDLE HILL" tonight? Broomsticks at the ready!

(143 Posts)
bikergran Mon 31-Oct-11 16:07:25

I have a spare Black cat (Oh heck that sounds terrible) lol but I have asked both my cats if they would like to go for a little ride ! and they both said Mieow which is "yes" in cat language........I have promised them a treat later grin ...........sooooooo..... dust off your brooms, get your cauldron bubbling and let's go cast some witchy spells hee hee hee hee..... grin

bagitha Mon 31-Oct-11 16:14:01

Yes! I'll come! Love Pendle Hill. Can you see it from your house, biker? i got a new broomstick for my birthday last year too grin. See you there!

bikergran Mon 31-Oct-11 16:20:13

Hi bagitha unfortunatly no...but I would only have to drive about 5 mins away then I would be able to see it....in fact 15/20 mins and I could be up there..! (I will be the one in the witches hat) LOL LOL........ just looking for the sting to secure the cats onto the bromstick (only joking) lol.thev'e changed their minds....spoilsports...

bikergran Mon 31-Oct-11 16:20:45

dohhhhhh "string" I mean..

bikergran Mon 31-Oct-11 16:21:42

bagitha can you! see it?

Butternut Mon 31-Oct-11 16:35:44

Where is Pendle Hill?

I suppose living in another country doesn't prevent me from joining you if I'm a witch? grin

bikergran Mon 31-Oct-11 16:40:16

Butternut it is in Lancashire uk..it is where all the witches used to gather..if you google it you find out more (but be carefull, it may cast a spell) grin people actualy used to believe certain people were witches!

bikergran Mon 31-Oct-11 16:41:09

Where are you? im sure with the wind behind you you wil be able to make it..although its all uphill!!

Annobel Mon 31-Oct-11 16:49:50

Just going to the shed to collect my broomstick. From Cheshire it's not more than about half an hour as the crow - sorry, the witch - flies. Grans' coven, here I come.

Annobel Mon 31-Oct-11 16:53:03

BTW, Biker - are your inflatable friends coming with you? Missed out on meeting them last time. Sure they must be up to some witchcraft.

grandmaagain Mon 31-Oct-11 17:22:55

my mother used to live by Pendle hill she remembers rolling Easter eggs down it.

Butternut Mon 31-Oct-11 17:33:15

Thanks bikergran.

I'm in France, but a quick hop across the channel shouldn't present a problem!

It's All Saints day here tomorrow, so if I'm too witchery tonight I'll be looked after tomorrow. grin

bikergran Mon 31-Oct-11 17:50:36

ohh Annobel im sorry to say my inflatable friends are no more!! one floated out to sea at Blackpool and the other somehow got "punctured" (not sure if a little doggy got hold of him) !!! ouch!! lol.....
grandmaagain where did your mum live? I originaly come from Nelson and my mum and dad from Nelson/Burnley BIG WITCH country!

Butternut I will meet you at the top of Pendle Hilll there is a white stone to indicate the highest point! (I will be sat on it)! lol..

Annobel bring your flask its getting a bit chilly and your raincape...grin

ghostofjangly Mon 31-Oct-11 18:43:21

I will join you. You will not see me. You will feel a presence.

Even if you are not on Pendle Hill, you will feel a cold draught.

.......... ignore the screams.

ghostofjangly Mon 31-Oct-11 18:45:22

Where there is Coronation Street. And where there is East Enders. There shall I be

There is no hiding place..............

ghostofjangly Mon 31-Oct-11 18:46:36

And if you watch that flipping dancing thing, I will be there too. (unless it's already been on)

glammanana Mon 31-Oct-11 18:57:17

I'm getting Mr glamma to attach some handle's onto my broom so I can carry the cauldron and the big wooden spoon's,I'll go up the M53 and the M6 and catch a lift of one of the trucker's if I have trouble keeping up speed.grin I've got the spell book ready

ghostofjangly Mon 31-Oct-11 19:05:48

You go cadging lifts off truckers glam, you'll need more than a spell book!

ghostofjangly Mon 31-Oct-11 19:07:06

Anyone else out there???

Esther?

MadHairGranny? You about?

ghostofjangly Mon 31-Oct-11 19:07:38

I'm coming to get youoooooooooo.........

ghostofjangly Mon 31-Oct-11 19:08:37

Any lurkers?????

nanny1 Mon 31-Oct-11 19:22:14

I'm on my way GoJ ~~~

and bringing my friends ~~~~

some of them get a bit emotional 'cos they don't get out much but they are nice gals....

smile grin
wink shock
hmm confused
blush angry
sad envy

Annobel Mon 31-Oct-11 19:23:52

Just had to call out the AA to get the old broom started, so will have to put my foot down. Zooooooooom, wheeeeeeeeeeee here I come!

nanny1 Mon 31-Oct-11 19:26:26

Yahaay~~~ come on Annoblel.... let's go. I have got a hip flask we'll be fine ... hee..hee...

Annika Mon 31-Oct-11 19:26:28

I' m on my way have been out test driving flying my new broomstick it goes at some lick I can tell you see you sooooooooooooon grin