Gransnet forums

AIBU

UKBA (Customs) Targeting the elderly at Airports

(127 Posts)
Muggedagain Wed 21-Dec-11 10:49:22

It would seem the UKBA (Customs) are targetng the senior citizens at Marine ports and Airports, The concept is the elderly are easy to intimidate, They have poor memory and they could well be dead before any appeal is heard or the case comes before a civil court (Usually 2 years after the seizure).
If they take even a small amount of legally purchased goods from an old person, And that person has their car (even a Motobility car) at the Airport or Sea port car park they will seize the car as well, The elderly victim can moan all they like, But will eventually be turfed out on the street, by force if necessary, Rain.hail, snow or full blown blizzard, It maters not to the Thugs of the UKBA.
Read an old mans struggle for JUSTICE
muggedbyukba.blogspot.com/

UKBA will get the most expensive solicitors money can buy, The Elderly won't even get LEGAL AID

BE PREPATED

gracesmum Wed 21-Dec-11 17:24:05

I have read these posts and it seems somebody is working up a head of steam and getting himself and others annoyed for a reason I cannot quite discern. It may be a valid point, but need it be expressed so intemperately? I feel some regular Gransnetters have been criticised for expressing their opinions. I admit I have not clicked the link as it is a topic which does not have a lot of relevance to me, but muggedagain I am sorry for your wife's experience and womnder whether you have another axe to grind yourself.

jingl Wed 21-Dec-11 17:28:37

Maybe not the best site to direct Grannies to!!! grin

I don't like the bit about Rumanian immigrants.

And why the Nazi looking photo? Don't like that.

I think you should express yourself better Mr Muggedagain.

Ariadne Wed 21-Dec-11 17:34:27

GNetters suggest we stop posting?

Ariadne Wed 21-Dec-11 17:35:34

P.S. Really!

jingl Wed 21-Dec-11 17:36:41

Ariadne - don't say that. You know I'll have to keep posting if you do!

glammanana Wed 21-Dec-11 17:36:45

gracesmum that will be me being criticised for not being a typical ex-pat you know the one's who fail to integrate into the communitie's they have moved into and insist on ordering a pint of lager,maybe everyone should remain uneducated and only speak English then poster may not have tried to put me straight about living abroad. hey-ho my discussion closed.

Ariadne Wed 21-Dec-11 17:40:21

I'm serious! Honestly, Jingl this sort of polemic is not for us. Also took advice from those-who-know-things. Right, I've stopped.

Carol Wed 21-Dec-11 17:49:24

My, my Muggedagain you are a heavy smoker!!

....'A few weeks ago I was kept in a small 9x9 foot room(1 table 2 chairs) at Hull Ferry Terminal, I had a small bag with the guidance 3 Kg of rolling tobacco with receipt.'

Three kilograms of rolling tobacco and you do this several times a year? I'm surprised you're still alive!

Muggedagain Wed 21-Dec-11 19:21:46

Message deleted by Gransnet.

Muggedagain Wed 21-Dec-11 19:27:56

Sorry Carol not my experience but go to this link and read the full story www.day-tripper.net

Muggedagain Wed 21-Dec-11 19:31:31

Well ladies, I know tyou have all enjoyed chatting with me today, I have tried to show what officials can be like, take heed or not it is nothing to me one way or the other.
All remains is to wish you one and all a very Merry Christmas and a happy new year.
Remember Life is too short to be miserable.

em Wed 21-Dec-11 20:15:28

Hear, hear - life is too short to be miserable and could be further curtailed when raising the BP by ranting in an intemperate way!

gracesmum Wed 21-Dec-11 20:46:31

I doubt very much if anybody enjoyed reading muggedagain's rants and insults. As he says , life is too short to be miserable, but if this was meant to pass for a sense of humour - heaven help us. The arrogance of his insults remind me of a recent controversy about a stand up comedian (was it Frank Skinner or Jack Dee or some such) making offensive remarks about Downs Syndrome children and then claiming he was "only joking" Thank you Josie and Gransnet team for dealing with this situation.
If muggedagain chooses to return to Gransnet I hope he will respect common courtesy and enjoy a productive debate.

supernana Thu 22-Dec-11 13:32:25

What on earth does Mrs M do when muggedagain climbs on to his soap-box? I'm certain that in her shoes, I would have to move in with the folks next door...

olliesgran Thu 22-Dec-11 13:40:28

It was Ricky Gervaise who made the remark gracesmum

Annika Thu 22-Dec-11 13:42:28

Perhaps muggedagain only posts insults where he knows he will be inconspicuous.
How `brave ` do you have to be when you are not going to face the person you are insulting face to face ?
I think we all should forget him, as he said life is too short.
Good manners cost nothing

Nanban Thu 22-Dec-11 15:03:58

Dear Muggedagain - you are so very angry with UK and the people in it, maybe it was a mistake to come back. Spain may very well be the perfect place for you.

Nanban Thu 22-Dec-11 15:05:46

Completely off the story - well almost - I'm having trouble adjusting to the term 'the elderly' - I'm not, don't feel it, am not ready for it, shouldn't the phrase be labelled as an 'ism' and barred!

olliesgran Thu 22-Dec-11 15:14:34

Nanban couldn't agree more! What's more, this is a site for Grans, and you don't have to be old to be a gran!!! When I worked with teenage Mums, I met grans who were just over 30! grin

jingl Thu 22-Dec-11 15:29:35

OMG! Not this again! I think he's long gone!

jingl Thu 22-Dec-11 15:30:25

I'm feeling a bit elderly today. [sigh]

supernana Thu 22-Dec-11 16:19:01

And I'm standing in the naughty corner. Eyes downcast. Don't have a dunce's hat. I apologise unreservedly for suggesting something inappropriate. Didn't intend to offend. confused

jingl Thu 22-Dec-11 16:23:21

shock Why? What did you say Super?

supernana Thu 22-Dec-11 16:29:01

jingle OH dear me...I put my foot well into my mouth and when I agreed with olliesgran about so-called trolls and the likes. Silly thing is, I'm not entirely clued-up on such matters. Woteva!...as the youngsters say...

gracesmum Thu 22-Dec-11 16:29:38

Sorry Olliesgran of course you are right - I knew it was on of these so-called "edgy" comedians who are JUST NOT FUNNY just offensive.