Gransnet forums

AIBU

Are we elderly or middleaged.

(321 Posts)
dorsetpennt Wed 28-Dec-11 11:11:16

At 67 years old with 2 grandchildren I consider myself middleaged. I still work 2 afternoons a week and lead a healthy busy life. I have a lot more energy then people younger then me. My son and his wife say I'm elderly and treat me as if I'm a doddering old fool. I've learned a lot of new skills since I turned 60, travel solo on buses and trains. Yet if I go out with them,they almost instruct me onto how to put one foot in front of another. I almost feel as as if I don't count for much .My daughter however, doesn't treat me like this at all thank goodness and finds their actions really annoying.

Carol Fri 03-Feb-12 21:24:10

Are you mad??? Where've you put the key glass? Down your WHAT??

Well, I'm sorry, but someone is going to have to get it. Yes, I know you have principles glass but you'll get hypothermia sat there!

glassortwo Fri 03-Feb-12 21:28:17

Got me thermal knickers on Ill be ok

jeni Fri 03-Feb-12 21:30:52

Glassshock

jeni Fri 03-Feb-12 21:31:31

Only knickers? You will freeze.

Carol Fri 03-Feb-12 21:31:47

.....puff..pant.....help! Annobel, Jeni, Bags! Come back, quick - glass has handcuffed herself to some railings and she's hid the key down her....well I won't tell you where, but you can imagine. Has anyone got any ideas - we can't leave her there - she's singing protest songs and attracting a lot of attention. Help!!!

glassortwo Fri 03-Feb-12 21:34:43

Thought thats why we are to get noticed.

glassortwo Fri 03-Feb-12 21:36:22

jeni theres 25% of thermal knickers at M&S they are very warm...............

Carol Fri 03-Feb-12 21:39:25

We really are being noticed now. Don't say a word glass. I will speak to the officer.....Good evening, officer. No, my friend is just having a little rest - we've been busy sight-seeing. Yes, we're fine, thankyou. Handcuffs??? Hahahah....no, those are...err...they're.....errrrr Please don't arrest us! We'll go quietly if you just put your notebook away.

Now look what's happened. NO!!! I don't want to talk to the Daily Mail - just leave us to sort this out will you? Please go away.....!

glassortwo Fri 03-Feb-12 21:44:42

Knickers thats all I am going to say Offffficerrrrrrr thermal knickers................

jeni Fri 03-Feb-12 21:45:00

We do not speak to ANY paper other than the Times or the Telegraph!
( we have a lucrative contract with them)
No glass! You do not want to be a page 3 girl onthe Mirror! Now behave!

jeni Fri 03-Feb-12 21:46:48

Glass I know I ordered some. They were supposed to arrive today but they haven't!

Carol Fri 03-Feb-12 21:48:04

Thank you officer - I know there is a key somewhere about her person, but fortunately we didn't have to go rummaging. And it's very nice of you not to arrest us. Yes, we're heading off home just as soon as we get our lift. Taxi??? Noooo.....it's a ........erm, it's a car - just around the corner. We'll be fine from here. Yes, we're definitley going..... C'mon glass let's just get in the chariot and put it all down to experience.

'Come gather round people.........de dah de dah dah....!

glassortwo Fri 03-Feb-12 21:49:52

Ohhhhhhhh somebody's got cold hands

Annobel Fri 03-Feb-12 21:51:16

You can speak to those right-wing rags, jeni, I've got the Indy and the Guardian coming along.
Hi there, are you from the Guardian? So pleased to meet you. Can we talk just over there? A photograph? Well, just let me see to my lippy, then I'm all yours...

jeni Fri 03-Feb-12 21:52:02

Through the land, and don't criticise what you don't understand
Your old grandparents are beyond your command! grin

Carol Fri 03-Feb-12 21:53:09

Well, I never!! We got what we wanted after all!! Well done glass that was a brave (and foolish) thing to do, but it achieved what we set out to do! Looking forward to seeing you in tomorrow's papers - how are you going to explain THIS one? grin

glassortwo Fri 03-Feb-12 21:54:20

Where is super Ds he will gives us some coverage in that Ladylike publication

Carol Fri 03-Feb-12 21:54:21

....'cos the times they are a changin'......Hurray!!!

glassortwo Fri 03-Feb-12 21:57:16

Yehhhhh

Annobel Fri 03-Feb-12 22:02:29

Broomstick! Here! Get me home, pronto. I need some nice hot soup and my nice cosy bed. Night all!

jeni Fri 03-Feb-12 22:04:11

Night!

Carol Fri 03-Feb-12 22:05:06

G'night - I'm bushed. I can feel a nice lie-in might be due tomorrow morning x

glassortwo Fri 03-Feb-12 22:05:45

Night fellow suffragettes grin

jeni Fri 03-Feb-12 22:07:44

Shout! Shout!up with your?

jeni Fri 03-Feb-12 22:09:30

Ah! Song etc.