Gransnet forums

AIBU

feeling left out

(196 Posts)
nelliedeane Wed 09-May-12 19:00:15

am feeling very left out and unloved,you all seem to know each other so well and are all meeting up with each other,and I dont seem to fit in to any of the niches,or fit in to any of the groups already formed am a very sad nellie,and feel very cross with myself for sounding so needy,nellie is having a bad daysad

nelliedeane Sun 13-May-12 20:49:44

He's got the whole world in his hands,he's got he whole world in his hands,[everybody clapping please]

Nonu Sun 13-May-12 20:42:34

Yes lets get a gospel choir going

Bags Sun 13-May-12 20:12:09

Me too, nag! It might be useful occasionally, but I can't say I felt the need for it very much. Just wanted to know how it worked.

Ariadne Sun 13-May-12 20:10:49

Anagramsmile

Anagram Sun 13-May-12 20:07:47

Bags, I have decided I can live without the Bookmark function confused.

It was making me quite giddy! grin

nelliedeane Sun 13-May-12 19:17:51

Thanks Ariadne..left the washing up I was the cook.grin
we need to have a sing song,it is sunday and a religious day,I would love to be in a gospel choir...
any ideas girls.grin

Ariadne Sun 13-May-12 18:15:59

nellie lovely to hear you in such great spirits! I can see that your mojo is back, and that's great! We love you, nelliedeane.

jeni Sun 13-May-12 18:10:57

Gorgeous!

greenmossgiel Sun 13-May-12 18:03:56

Did you see the lovely colours that the choir were wearing, (in the earlier hymn), jeni? The walls of the old church and the faint colours of the stained-glass windows were a beautiful background.

jeni Sun 13-May-12 17:59:05

I'm singing! Tell out my soul! Can you all hear me, I said CAN YOU HEAR ME?

nelliedeane Sun 13-May-12 17:54:49

will be dishing up spaghetti into huge amount of teenage mouths,hopefully will shut 'em up for a while......be back later soop maybe we should have another sing song ....shall we lubricate our tonsils in preparation (actually started already) will practice whilst dishing up bolognese......JUST ONE CORNETTO GIVE IT TO ME.....how many garlic breads sweetie (greedy little s*d dosent ur muvver feed yer) grin

soop Sun 13-May-12 17:46:37

nellie I could not perform our routine without you. Feet up. Relax! Be kind to yerself! smile

nelliedeane Sun 13-May-12 17:44:54

thanks absent am normaly a happy little soul but have been tested this week,nellies equilibrium is restored dont often disappear down the dark hole,love GN .....speak for urself re deviation wink grin lolxx

absentgrana Sun 13-May-12 17:37:03

nelliedeane I'm glad you're feeling a bit brighter and hope it lasts. One of the joys of Gransnet is how, unlike Just a Minute, deviation is what we all enjoy – no penalties. (That's from the subject, not naughty sex.) smile

nelliedeane Sun 13-May-12 17:33:56

cor we 'avent 'alf cumma long way from the original fread...grin glad we all friends agen....sunshine smile

glammanana Sun 13-May-12 17:03:53

I've just read this twistley place somewhere else confused I'm following myself around I think.

jeni Sun 13-May-12 16:25:42

I had a friend called longstaff

nanachrissy Sun 13-May-12 16:20:35

Bags sorry I've only just come back on, but you seem to have got to grips with the bookmarking grin, it does save a lot of time,especially if like me, you can't remember what day it is, never mind if you've read it before.

Bags Sun 13-May-12 16:15:09

Wiktionary says it means a boundary stream.

Bags Sun 13-May-12 16:12:47

Yay for Oswaldtwistle, biker! DD1 has moved to a twistley place too. I must look it up.

Bags Sun 13-May-12 16:00:32

My dad had a colleague called Mr Hawthorne. He also had a visitng Far Eastern colleague visitng one time, whom he took to a public council meeting so that the visitor could experience some British traditional wotnots. The Council leader was called Mr Hawthornthwaite. Far Eastern chappie wondered when Mr Ordinary Hawthorn would get his "thwaite". smile

Greatnan Sun 13-May-12 15:23:07

biker, I love the Lancashire names - we had a teacher called Rosbottom, I went out with a Higgingbottom and I had a friend called Ollerearnshaw.

jeni Sun 13-May-12 14:36:27

Hmph!grin pull the other one. You are not, I repeat, not! Fireproof!

bikergran Sun 13-May-12 14:29:16

Bags I is from Lancashire.....lol I live in Oswaldtwistle! apparently there is a lampost further up the town near the Library! it is said that if you live past! the lampost you are GOBINER !!!! hmmmm arnt I glad I live "below" the lamp post lol...in fact think if you google it it tells you something about it..smile

Greatnan Sun 13-May-12 14:21:29

jeni, I shall report you for making a hurtful personal remark about a lonely old woman. (Bloody medical professionals - how was I to know my skin would not resist boiling hot porridge!)