Gransnet forums

AIBU

Barclays and the other banks implicated

(30 Posts)
bluebell Thu 28-Jun-12 21:11:53

When are we going to rise up - first tax avoidance, now this. And in between the onslaught on benefit claimants? What on earth is our society about? Where are the moral values, the leadership - I despair. Will Diamond pay the price - as if !! And how much has he already got salted away in tax avoidance - apologies - tax efficient schemes already? Will heads roll? Absolutely not - if you bank with Barclays, or RBS etc leave - I can recommend Nationwide - not perfect but better than many. This was known about at least 4 years ago - how much has been paid out in bonuses since then?

whitewave Thu 02-Aug-12 21:00:50

So you had to have your bank account with them also? What if you were employed by someone else presumably you could open an account with another bank? Bit big brotherish!?

trendygran Thu 02-Aug-12 21:07:38

VERY BIG BROTHERISH! Yes , I had my own account for my Salary, thank goodness, but OH was not allowed to bank with anyone else!

whitewave Thu 02-Aug-12 21:10:25

so if OH moved most of his salary into your account every month and you worked from that what would they have been able to do?

chrispratt Mon 01-Oct-18 12:31:09

Message deleted by Gransnet. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.