Gransnet forums

AIBU

sorry

(108 Posts)
jenricks Thu 22-Nov-12 14:23:48

if i have up set any of you God fearing people i am sorry, i am glad i am not like you lot i rearly am

Nanban Mon 26-Nov-12 16:42:45

Sorry absentagrana - but completely right of course, Christmas shopping - tosh is the word for it!

Greatnan Mon 26-Nov-12 08:01:56

Exactly - jenricks was extremely offensive about Gransnet members. Jingle appears to be his only supporter!

absentgrana Mon 26-Nov-12 07:58:58

Of for goodness sake! This is just so much tosh.

Nanban Mon 26-Nov-12 07:54:56

So sad if all a student has to do is infiltrate Gransnet! How interesting to know who else is not all they seem to be. A minefield of possibilities.

Off to Bristol now to dearmotherofgod Christmas shop - oh joy.

jO5 Sun 25-Nov-12 19:02:27

Nanban don't go away wondering.

The problem was that GNHQ didn't think jenricks (OP on this thread) was quite up to the standard of someone allowed to post on Gransnet. And, it seems, barred him.

Some people are convinced he was a student. Others don't know.

Ask HQ.

Nanban Sun 25-Nov-12 13:05:43

I am now completely back in my box, shall maybe have some of my stashed wine, and definitely something sweet. The furore was nice while it lasted and I'm sorry if anyone was upset.

soop Sun 25-Nov-12 12:17:06

absent grin

absentgrana Sun 25-Nov-12 10:38:48

Nanban The issue wasn't bad language. On the Forum page, you can click on Gransnet's philosophy and rules. At the end of the rules is a section dealing with trolls. The rules about trolls were broken and GNHQ acted accordingly. That's all. Storm in a molehill.

annodomini Sun 25-Nov-12 10:17:33

Just noticed my typo pad bad spelling. Mind you it may well have been done on an i-Pad!

Nanban Sun 25-Nov-12 10:05:22

I think I need to get out more - we are usually so nice to each other I find it quite exciting that people have been shaken up a bit! Mind you, if you want to go into a war zone, Mumsnet is the place to go. Plus, of course, in my naivety I had no clue that we had Forum Police ready to leap in to protect our delicacy from bad language and other naughtiness.

Heyho, onward, onward. Anyone out there been flooded?

Bags Sun 25-Nov-12 09:54:32

nanban, some of the silliness started on the PeeCee thread I began which is here. I gather there were other threads too but I didn't see those. I think that HQ only objected to someone calling someone else a troll, or suggesting they were one, as this is against forum rules.

Greatnan Sun 25-Nov-12 09:50:16

She simply said what most of us were thinking - that some new posters did not ring true!

Nanban Sun 25-Nov-12 09:44:26

Don't you just hate that - people in a huddle gossiping and then saying, oh it's nothing as soon as you turf up. I'm gonna go pretend to be someone else .....

annodomini Sun 25-Nov-12 09:41:59

Don't let it bother you, Nanban and Gally. We have come to the conclusion (well, I have) that some idiotic youngster - student, 6th former - surfing the net, came across G'net and decided to take the p* out of the poor old dears. The pad spelling and grammar didn't fool most of us for a minute.

Nanban Sun 25-Nov-12 09:36:00

Oh come on - what's been going on - share with a poor soul from Down South! What did she do/say that was beyond the pale?

Gally Sun 25-Nov-12 09:15:54

glamma I'm in the same boat - totally and utterly confusalled after only dipping in and out briefly during the past 2 weeks; all will be remedied after tomorrow when I am back on my own again. Sometimes I think I'm living in some strange alternative world when I read some of the threads grin

absentgrana Sun 25-Nov-12 08:46:59

Nanban We even have indoor lavatories up North now.

glammanana Sun 25-Nov-12 08:16:02

Oh nan we are not all like that "uupp North" sweetie we are properly educated and nicely spoken nanna's and the last thing we need is a dating site.grin
I seem to have missed most of what has been going on and have now vowed to never miss a few days chat again it's so hard to catch up with everything I find. confused

Nanban Sun 25-Nov-12 07:59:03

Oh crikey I've missed what seems to be a really interesting site!!!! Come on please tell, what started it all - enrich my life? Was some poor soul from up-North, with bad spelling, and language, misguided enough to think think this was a dating site?

glassortwo Sat 24-Nov-12 22:27:21

jingle we needed you on alie's garden thread where were you.

jO5 Sat 24-Nov-12 22:23:04

And you reckon I'm not grownup?

jO5 Sat 24-Nov-12 22:22:36

Spot on jeni.

Well done.

hmm

Greatnan Sat 24-Nov-12 22:22:10

No photos on her profile........perhaps jingle is just a figment of our imaginations..........

Marelli Sat 24-Nov-12 22:14:20

'.....on a cowslip's bell I lie.....la, la, la' wink

Greatnan Sat 24-Nov-12 22:03:01

It must be catching!