Gransnet forums

AIBU

AIBU to expect ATOS to read my form

(39 Posts)
vampirequeen Sat 02-Feb-13 09:28:35

A few weeks ago I completed their form in detail. I told them everything. I made sure that they knew what was wrong with me and how it affects my life. I've had a letter from ATOS telling me to go for a medical in a couple of weeks time. Amongst other things I have agoraphobia. How do they expect me to go to a medical?

jeni Sun 03-Feb-13 18:01:09

Wow!

Deedaa Sun 03-Feb-13 20:24:29

The point scoring is fine up to a point (sorry!) but, when my husband went on a previous occasion with a work related injury, he was turned down. He was fit enough to do many things - but not to do the job he was employed to do. They wanted to find him a job he could do whereas he wanted support until he could get back to the job he'd already got.
Of course there's nothing new about assessment problems. I remember my cousin being forced to crawl up some stairs to prove that she couldn't walk with MS and that must be about 30 years ago! But you'd like to think that we'd moved on.

jeni Sun 03-Feb-13 20:49:05

Yip!
I see many like your husbands. But? Can't do anything
Not condoning.
Just explaining.

numberplease Mon 04-Feb-13 16:28:15

After spending over 2 weeks in trepidation at the thought of her assessment meeting this morning, daughter and myself got up early to be ready on time, only for the phone to ring at 8.30am to say meeting cancelled due to illness! She now has to wait for a letter with a fresh appointment.

vampirequeen Thu 14-Feb-13 09:59:21

My husband phoned them to explain that I have agoraphobia. The man was very very rude and when my husband responded he threatened to put the phone down.

My doctor has faxed them a letter confirming my agoraphobia. So I assume the next step will be a home visit.

numberplease Thu 14-Feb-13 15:49:38

Daughter now has new appointment for Feb 26th. She`s asked her doctor for copies of her medical notes, just in case they take notice of them.

sapnameghan Sun 21-Apr-13 00:32:26

hi every one....

I joined Gransnet just now.... Basically i am feeling suicidal and am desperate to get some help regarding ESA.. failed medical assessment.

i was on the ESA for over 2 years. I went away to try to get help as i felt i was deteriorating mentally and physically... unfortunately it caused more problems.as i went away over a month.. So my ESA got suspended/stopped. ........ I reclaimed........ but cant get any pay until i go thru medical interview (ATOS) I was back in london 22nd December 2012. I havent been paid since...now its 5 months without regular income.. What do people do until we get any benefits of any kind

I dont have any other income... after a lot of phone calls and finally CAB i got an interview 11th April.
Meanwhile i got more depressed and now suffering more anxiety. Ive not been going out of the house much...(no cash...fear of spending ) .. i am eating less..I cant afford to buy regular full meals.. this has an effect on my health as i am diabetic, blood pressure is high .. cholesterol .. I was diagnosed with fibromialgya so i have a lot of physical issues ..

I borrowed money to travel there. I been living on borrowed money which i have to pay back... Crisis Loan is not an option anymore. Local authority help cant help becoz i said friend lent me money. friend can help once twice.........but how can i expect friends to lend me money for 5 months ....she is not working either ..she lives on pension.

I FAILED THE MEDICAL ON THE 11TH APRIL. I just got letter today to inform me.. I feel suicidal.. they are doing their job...meanwhile i am so out of my mind ..i feel like am at the end of the road, I cant stop crying. I've reached the end of the road.... I cant work........but they believe i can......... what do i do besides killing myself.? I cant see any way out..... no one to help or support I am sorry i am blabbering.. I cant think straight... I am preoccupied since i received the letter.. with suicidl thoughts.. visions of thames... and overdose...i got enuf tablets around.. my life has no value anymore.. ESA..obcentre whatever...they are pushing me overedge. If i dont get help soon ...................i don tknow..i feel my mind has a will of its own now...

Can any one please tell me what to do?. Appeal takes a while....i cant fight anymore.. Sorry if this sounds too much .. i already feel stupid
if anyone can help or even advise....... i will really appreciate.........

I wish you all ladies and gents here all the best...

Thank u for reading .............dont worry if u cant help...

bybye

sapna
I am in Southwark, London South East. Live alone

Enviousamerican Sun 21-Apr-13 01:32:55

Sapnameghan,are you close to a hospital? Would they help you If you told them you are suicidal? I'm 4,000 miles away in the U.S. and not much help.Everyone is usually asleep at this time.Do you have a phone help line that you could call?

NfkDumpling Sun 21-Apr-13 08:24:35

Have you rung the Samaritans?

grannyactivist Sun 21-Apr-13 14:26:51

How are you today sapna? I hope you managed to get some sleep and that things are not looking so bleak today.

Galen Sun 21-Apr-13 14:56:20

Put in an appeal and ask to be put on the assessment rate while appealing.
The cab should help you put an appeal together. A strongly worded letter from your GP can be helpful also any cpns or psychiatrists you see.

Deedaa Sun 21-Apr-13 20:17:02

Are you getting help from your GP? Not eating is not going to help with your Diabetes and neither is the stress. Does your GP know how bad your situation is? You must appeal as so many decisions get overturned. Be guided by what Galen says, she knows the ins and outs of it. Do talk to the Samatitans if you are desperate, they are there to listen.

annodomini Sun 21-Apr-13 20:29:04

DWP can award a short term advance on benefits. find out about it here