Gransnet forums

AIBU

Noisy Children

(27 Posts)
Maniac Thu 11-Apr-13 18:21:14

I babysit for a neighbour whose children are 3 and 18mths. Sadly I've had to say that I can’t cope with both of them on my own unless they are asleep!
I was there when 2nd birth was imminent and cared for older child when mother went into hospital.She has no family near - parents in Asia- and really appreciates my support.
Apart from the increase in size I find their combined noise intolerable.It really hurts my ears. They don’t talk - they scream,shout,fight and wail. and ‘no’ seems to be an unknown word .
I had 3 children close together but I don’t recall them making so much noise.
I also taught a reception class of 5yr-olds in the 60s.
Are children noisier or is it just me getting old and grumpy?

jeanie99 Mon 22-Apr-13 08:38:00

We don't have children next door either side, we are mostly oldies in our village, I'm sat in bed at the moment and the only noise are the birds, perfect.

Regarding noise though and not necessarily children, when we are flying I use earplugs you can guarantee some person just behind me will talk constantly for hours on end.

When we were away last year there was a couple next door in the hotel who played opera continuously we had to complain in the end as it was spoiling our enjoyment. Some people are very selfish and don't care what their effect is on others.