Gransnet forums

AIBU

People Who Annoy me!!

(94 Posts)
mrsmopp Mon 15-Apr-13 22:39:29

There are people who pick up their doggie-do's in a plastic bag (good) but then helpfully tie the bag to the nearest tree or hedge - one even hooked it to my front gate!
There are people on public transport who sit in the aisle seat with their bags on the window seat and look at me very huffily with deep sighs when I politely ask if I can sit down!
Come on, who are the people who annoy you?

absent Thu 18-Apr-13 09:34:46

crossstitchgill Years ago (that will be obvious by the end of this sentence) I went to see a band – can't remember who now – and the people sitting behind talked non-stop about a Blackfoot Sue concert they had gone to the week before. After the break I finally managed to shut them up by asking them what they talked about at the Blackfoot Sue concert.

I think people have got so used to talking while watching television that they have lost the habit of remaining quiet at live performances or at the cinema.

sunseeker Thu 18-Apr-13 10:08:59

People who tut tut when the little old lady/man at the front of the checkout isn't very quick at paying - this happened the other day when people behind me in the queue were getting impatient about the lady in front of me, this was making her more flustered and she turned and apologised - I told her to take her time

Bus drivers who brake sharply when coming to a bus stop causing those people who have already started to get up to fall forward!

People who don't reply to emails and texts - I sent a text and an email to a friend 2 days ago and have had no reply (can't ring her as she is staying at her sisters and only switches her mobile on for 5 mins once a day!)

Nanban Thu 18-Apr-13 14:01:47

Most bus drivers have nothing in between accelerate and brake and it is a huge surprise at not being jerked back and forth by the very rare beast.

Sunseeker - it sounds as if it's the person who annoys rather than the non-responders but maybe she gets annoyed when people text her/email her when she is on her hols - I think it fabulous that she doesn't have her mobile switched on - NOW I find it completely annoying to be walking, having coffee, lunch anything you care to name and the person I'm with feels the need to be constantly texting, answering etc. So, well done your absent friend I say.

sunseeker Thu 18-Apr-13 15:41:01

Actually Nanban she had asked me to text her to arrange to meet up - she isn't on holiday just staying with her sister to help with child care.

Juggernaut Thu 18-Apr-13 15:46:38

Drivers who don't acknowledge that you pulled in to let them through a narrow bit of road, especially when the obstruction is clearly on their side; People who bump into you but don't apologise; People (usually men) whistling in shops, museums, even libraries; People who walk straight to the front of a queue, ignoring us folk who have been patiently standing there for ages.
Oh, and the thing that makes me murderously angry angry when I put the 'next customer' bar behind my shopping on the supermarket conveyor belt and the person behind me moves it forward until it's crushing my shopping. It's not as though I place it far behind my shopping, just about two inches, but for some folk that's obviously too far! I always move it back and say very politely 'Sorry, but if you're going to crush my shopping then would you like to pay for it too?' Sarcasm is wasted on most of them though, but it makes me feel better! Strangely enough, DH has a tendency to vanish when this happens, he runs off and hides in the car!

Nanban Thu 18-Apr-13 16:17:20

Ah well, sunseeker, give up on her and go do something nice.

Greatnan Thu 18-Apr-13 16:40:09

I find people annoy me less as I get older - mostly I just shrug mentally and get on with my own life. But then, I am rarely in a hurry as I have all the time in the world.
Ceesnan - if somebody has already left the forum, they won't know what is being said, will they? grin

annodomini Thu 18-Apr-13 17:27:02

I can't be bothered getting annoyed nowadays - unless they're parking in front of my entrance. grin

Nonu Thu 18-Apr-13 17:51:06

Anno , my feelings exactly just not worth the effort , to get annoyed over petty things or people .

Ecept for the drive , that is, as our house goes straight onto the street .

smile

HUNTERF Thu 18-Apr-13 21:25:14

Scroungers and people who do not pay their way.

Frank

marigold1 Thu 18-Apr-13 21:55:48

Life is too short to stuff a mushroom, I try hard not to get annoyed, but people who stop dead in the middle, or worse at the end of the aisle in supermarkets get me going!

Enviousamerican Thu 18-Apr-13 22:08:35

Marigold1,you are so right! And people who know they are blocking your way in a store and take their - -- time moving out of your way.

merlotgran Thu 18-Apr-13 22:49:47

There's been quite a bit on here about parking. I drive a 4x4 as we have a smallholding in an isolated rural location but parking has taken a complicated turn since my mother has gone into a nursing home in the middle of Cambridge. There are very few parking spaces available but this morning, much to my relief, I managed to squeeze into one. I had to attend two meetings which took up nearly three hours and when I finally emerged I was boxed in by two cars. I wrote their numbers down, took them to reception and was told the cars belonged to two members of staff who had gone on a course for the day!! They were finally contacted and returned (an hour later) to let me out. By this time the tiny car park was choc-a-bloc and it took some careful manoevering to get back on the road. I was being watched by what DH would call, 'a beardy wierdy'. He tapped on my bonnet and shouted, 'Not exactly city friendly is it?'

How I stopped myself from running over his feet I'll never know angry

singinggran Fri 19-Apr-13 09:53:28

Then there's the phone calls on trains- an old complaint I know, but yesterday on the way home from London I had to listen to the girl opposite me make phone calls to possibly everyone she know to tell them her show was going to be trialled in the WEST END! I felt very happy for her, but my sympathies began to wear thin after half an hour. Fortunately she then got off- but I never heard what the show was! Still it made a change from "Hello- I'm on the train!"

janerowena Fri 19-Apr-13 10:23:15

Coldcallers - both at the door and on the phone. If I want to buy something I shall find it for myself rather than have to keep answering the door to complete strangers or answer the phone when trying to cook.
People walking their dogs down our lane just to go to the loo, and never picking it up so that if we want to go for a walk, we have to wear wellies and often wish we had taken a clothespeg.
People who constantly swear, my ears seem to shut them off and I can't hear what they are trying to say because all I hear is ugliness.
My next door neighbours, who like to start using pneumatic drills and chainsaws at 8am on a Sunday. Every day actually, but Sunday lie-ins have become a thing of the past.
My magnolia finally emerging today just in time for a -1C frost tonight.

Ceesnan Fri 19-Apr-13 13:44:25

greatnan I was referring to occasions I have had in the past with some friends and a discussion has become heated. One friend does have a habit of making sarcastic comments about others after they have left the group. Nothing to do with forums.

annodomini Fri 19-Apr-13 14:59:21

singinggran, phones on trains are bad enough, but in the quiet carriage they're an abomination. angry

NanSue Fri 19-Apr-13 16:54:38

Receptionists that don't bother looking up when I approach the desk, or even worse insist on having a full blown personal conversation with a colleague while I wait impatiently.

Cyclists in lycra that ride on the road when there is a perfectly good cycle lane.

Queue Jumpers.