Gransnet forums

AIBU

To wish Mrs Kershaw was still around?

(31 Posts)
gillybob Wed 17-Apr-13 11:13:13

When I was a child I had a (very real) imaginary friend called Mrs Kershaw, who was my best friend. If I close my eyes I can see her as vivid as I could when I was a child. She wore her hair in a bun and carried a shopping basket that always had nice things in it. She wore a leopard skin jacket with kind of poppers down the front and a turquoise blouse. Mrs Kershaw had a kind gentle Scottish accent and I told her everything. Where did she go? Who was she? and where did she come from?

When I talk to myself (as I do frequently) I often wonder if I am really still talking to my old friend Mrs K and I smile to myself thinking she must be very much alive and well somewhere hopefully looking after another very lonely and imaginative child. smile

gillybob Sat 20-Apr-13 09:29:00

Blooming heck Absent that IS my 5 year old granddaughter. She insists that she is a horse (despite her older more sensible sister telling her "no you are a girl and that's it") [spoilsport emoticon]. She hasn't gone so far as to only eat raw vegetables (yet??) but does nay quite a bit! grin

Nelliemoser Sat 20-Apr-13 10:20:34

DD had "friends" called her Dublim's. (It was the early 80s, the troubles in Northern Ireland and I think she had heard mention of Dublin on the news.)

The Dublim's were blamed by her for a lot of her mischief as they "made her do it," which I think she knew as a joke.
Then later in a very telling moment she announced that "Her Dublim's didn't come any more as she was quite good now."

As it was, she was not a naughty child at all, just normal 3/4yr old mischief.

sunflowersuffolk Sat 20-Apr-13 20:02:14

My younger sister had a dressing gown tassel, which she called her Manatty!!! She would have long conversations with it, moving it around all the while. This was when she was about 3/4 years old. She's quite normal now.

Tegan Sat 20-Apr-13 20:16:37

Oh crikey. I was a rather lonely only child, but didn't even have any imaginary friends sad. Although I did have a book of horses that I'd drawn and had to decide which one I'd be riding that day. And there was the elephant that lived in the brewhouse [but I didn't class him as a friend]. He was probably too big to leave the brewhouse and therefore couldn't accompany me anywhere.

Ana Sat 20-Apr-13 20:22:20

Nelliemoser, that is so sweet! smile