Gransnet forums

AIBU

to expect an item despatched 6 days ago

(7 Posts)
grandimars Sat 08-Jun-13 14:47:41

The best delivery I ever had was a couple of years ago when I ordered a hard disc recorder direct from Humax. I received an email the night before to say it would be between 11 and 12, and a text in the morning saying it would be between 11.10 and 11.20, and it was delivered at 11.13!! It was an unmarked van, so I don't know who the courier was but I did email Humax to commend them. If they can do it why can't others, even a less precise slot but within an hour would be good?

sunseeker Sat 08-Jun-13 14:38:22

I do get annoyed when you are told a parcel will be delivered between 9.00 a.m and 5.00 p.m. Whilst I don't expect to be given an exact time, surely they could tell whether it will be morning or afternoon. I sometimes think they assume that all women have nothing to do except wait in for a delivery.

The last time I was expecting a delivery I rang the courier company and asked when I could expect it - got the usual 9 - 5 reply. When I said I couldn't wait in all day (I do have a life) they suggested they could leave it with a neighbour (who are at work all day). They then said they would deliver it in the morning. At 1.30 p.m.I couldn't stay in any longer and when I arrived home the parcel was sitting on my front door step - in the rain!! I was not impressed.

ninathenana Sat 08-Jun-13 13:59:24

I asked my 7 neighbours all of whom we are on good terms with, when I found it had been signed for. I then contacted the sender and discovered the signatory.
Sender is contacting couriers. I think I will get a replacement, but not by Monday when I needed it.

Elegran Sat 08-Jun-13 13:44:07

Do you have the hard neck (and time) to go round all the neighbours asking them if they were the ones who took in the parcel you were waiting for? Take the name of the person who signed to show them, they may recognise it.

Maybe it was a gardener or tradesman who was at a neighbour's house when it arrived? It could be a false name, of course, anyone intending to keep it would be a bit dim to sign their own name.

The delivery men should have put a note through your door to say it was at number 21, or whatever. Kick up a fuss.

ninathenana Sat 08-Jun-13 13:37:32

Yes have just tracked it apparently was signed for by neighbour on Wednesday!! Contacted sender, the signature is nobody I've heard of.
I'm even more angry now.

Goose Sat 08-Jun-13 13:32:16

A parcel I was waiting for (from FedEx) took five days of staying in, 8.00am-6.00pm to arrive, it seems they don't deliver on Saturdays. Very annoying ninathenana Has it a Tracking number?

ninathenana Sat 08-Jun-13 12:50:02

To actually be here angry I asked about express delivery too and was assured five working days was the maximum.